On Road Experience

I would like to have the rerouting prompting disabled and navigation should automatically reroute to a new route when you change the course. It is very hard to click the accept the new route while driving and the touch most of the times never works ( greasy hands, dust etc…). Can Ather Navigation team fix this in their next release ? Rerouting should happen automatically. Current navigation is almost useless now for me.

2 Likes

Use the ignition switch to accept the new route. When the motor is on, the ignition switch works like an ‘Enter’ or ‘Accept’ key.

6 Likes

I prefer auto rerouting too. Probably it can be made as an option in the setting.
However, accepting or rejecting is easy. Just use the ignition to accept or ignore it to reject the rerouting (till the progress bar is filled after 15 seconds or so).
In view of rider safety, the touch is designed to not respond when the vehicle is moving

3 Likes

Thanks !! Will try…it helps

Auto-rerouting is logical as there’s only one option - hence there’s no decision to be made, hence no need to wait for user to decide. It’s currently implemented the same way in Google Maps as well - if you take a different turn, a few seconds later the route is updated based on your current position.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Airport rides!

Had no idea about this. Thanks! Will try this next time.

It’s been 2 months/2500kms for me. Since about a couple of weeks back, the throttle is no longer smooth and offers resistance (I am not talking about acceleration here, but the feel of the throttle). This is especially prominent during small throttle inputs such as while riding in traffic. There’s even a rubbery squeaky sound like when you try to unscrew something tight. While it has no effect on the acceleration directly, it does totally ruin the ride experience. Is anyone else facing this?

3 Likes

Even I get the squeak sound , when I ride in less noisy area.

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Changing Stock Tyres

Great, thanks man … Will use the stock ones for sometime. If I feel a need to change I’ll get the same ones. Let me know if you get fatter tyres. How does it affect the range and everything

2 Likes

i would like to share couple of things i experienced :-

1. Last evening i happened to stop in a signal right next to another EV(Okinawa Pride) and no surprises, we got onto a dialog as both of us were on EVs. The conversation started off standard… what is the range we get and he mentioned that he would get a range of 90Kms for a full charge and i shared Ather’s Range that i was getting(65 on Sport mode with lavish driving style). Then i switched gear and asked him how the pick-up was to which he said… Good pick-up when you are charged enough and one person. if you are 2 it would slow down and in case of such Gradients(i was at the ittmadu signal, which i dont consider a gradient for the Ather at all), but again only if you are fully charged. If the charge drops to last 25Kms of the 90 1 person may need to get off almost !! By then i had noticed that he was on Full charge while i was at about 30Kms remaining. So when the signal turned on, i let him go to see how quick he could be and what a satisfaction i could get and the pride that ran thru me about the Ather which just doesnot show any discomfort climbing up steeper gradients… well i guess i was sadistically happy, but that was indeed a fact. i didnot have patience to wait for longer than 10seconds before i decided to disappear from him. Not sure if he noticed me run away !
13 Likes
  1. This morning for some reason i noticed that the vehicle had shutdown(i donot have the habit to shutdown at all). Was surprised when i didnot see the “450” display as soon as i turned the key on. the screen appeared just blank and dead for quite some time. i turned it off and on again, but nothing happened. Then i tried to twist the throttle the vehicle was live and moving without the display. after few seconds the boot up screen came up and the boot up sequence went thru and the dashboard display came on. i reached office without any issues. So not sure, but decided to see if it re-occurs, then i will report it to Customer care. Hope Ather have some data from the vehicle (7th & 8th Aug 2019).
1 Like

This is also the reason why people ask me “weird” questions and my answer surprises them.
Many others see the specs of Ather and Other EVs and ask me why I paid so much when they seem better on paper
When I tell them some people even give me expressions that seem to convey a message “jhoota saala”

They: “What is the top speed?”
Me: “90kmph”
They: “90! really!!!”

T: “Does it pull 2 people”
M: “Absolutely”
T: jhoota kahinka

T: “Isn’t XYZ a better option than this?”
M: “This is in a different league”
T: “Don’t just say because you have purchased it”

But this is all till they see it in action…

7 Likes

me too at times

3 Likes

am at royal airavath charging point now…

had exactly same conversation with a guy who works here

ofcourse he didn’t say it on face but i can see it on his face…

1 Like

I too faced this issue twice. Whenever such things happen I reset the vehicle.

Yes I’ve faced this issue 3-4 times.
1st time I was hesitant to ride waited till it rebooted. Later times I simply ignored and was riding as normal.
It reboots itself and comes to normal. No harm find till now. Yes it’s a bug though!

1 Like

For me no screen freezes, no switchgear problems. No body noise and now that the vibrational slipping noise has reduced by half…my ride is usually very very quiet. I guess i have been lucky looking at the complaints in forums

2 Likes

Has anyone observed the battery drop to be higher when the vehicle is turned off in sports mode as compared to ride mode.