On Road Experience

From the photo it doesn’t look like it is deep ,if this the case you can actually polish it out, most of the black marks can be removed.

Theres cracks in the panel. Ather estimate 2700/- 28% gst is steep plus 600 for labour. I have raised insurance, hope i pay nothing

10 posts were split to a new topic: Battery SoC indicator

Let’s meet.
I stay in HBR Layout!!

Surprising observation. I have driven the ather like a maniac since buying, now that i drive economically, the mileage does not drop at all. Its like the vehicle telling me thanks for growing up

12 Likes

29 posts were split to a new topic: Changing Stock Tyres

Is the eco mode live yet?

It was shown during the Chennai Launch event. Some of the test ride vehicles in Chennai had this mode as well. But it’s not deployed to everyone as yet. High probability of it being deployed in the next OTA update

Yesterday, I saw Ather vehicle, number plate in green background and written vehicle number in Yellow color.

Does it denotes it is rental bike or lease bike?

1 Like

Has to be rental, leased bikes have the same white on green plate, at least mine does.

1 Like

Royal Brothers Rental

1 Like

I would like to have the rerouting prompting disabled and navigation should automatically reroute to a new route when you change the course. It is very hard to click the accept the new route while driving and the touch most of the times never works ( greasy hands, dust etc…). Can Ather Navigation team fix this in their next release ? Rerouting should happen automatically. Current navigation is almost useless now for me.

2 Likes

Use the ignition switch to accept the new route. When the motor is on, the ignition switch works like an ‘Enter’ or ‘Accept’ key.

6 Likes

I prefer auto rerouting too. Probably it can be made as an option in the setting.
However, accepting or rejecting is easy. Just use the ignition to accept or ignore it to reject the rerouting (till the progress bar is filled after 15 seconds or so).
In view of rider safety, the touch is designed to not respond when the vehicle is moving

3 Likes

Thanks !! Will try…it helps

Auto-rerouting is logical as there’s only one option - hence there’s no decision to be made, hence no need to wait for user to decide. It’s currently implemented the same way in Google Maps as well - if you take a different turn, a few seconds later the route is updated based on your current position.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Airport rides!

Had no idea about this. Thanks! Will try this next time.

It’s been 2 months/2500kms for me. Since about a couple of weeks back, the throttle is no longer smooth and offers resistance (I am not talking about acceleration here, but the feel of the throttle). This is especially prominent during small throttle inputs such as while riding in traffic. There’s even a rubbery squeaky sound like when you try to unscrew something tight. While it has no effect on the acceleration directly, it does totally ruin the ride experience. Is anyone else facing this?

3 Likes

Even I get the squeak sound , when I ride in less noisy area.

3 Likes