On Road Experience

Liquid cooling!!!

So true.
I never cross the white line when it is red ( if it is available that is )
These auto rickshaws have no sense and they even curse me and speed away.
Especially in Tannery Road area

1 Like

Never ever get an argument with the auto rickshaw guys. You are always wrong and they are always right. Especially if you don’t know Kannada, just never talk to them. I have faced similar situations too in and around tannery road/ RT Nagar.

Though I am in Bangalore only for 3 years.
Nanage Kannada guttu.
Swalpa swalpa

4 Likes

Thats amazing! keep up the good work. try to learn more :smiley: it makes us, the localities very happy :smiley:

3 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Charging with Solar

@Abhishek and @ayanahmedhussain Heyy I don’t think that’s a problem in Bangalore only… here… in Pune also drivers have no discipline while driving (specially 2 wheelers)… whatever I’m waiting for ather to come to Pune :blush::blush: and I wish I could be the first in Pune to own this beauty​:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::smile:

1 Like

Thanks @georgekuruppan. I tried it but it seems to very tight. I think I need Hulk strength to deal with it

What is the ideal discharge rate of battery if it is not used for about 1 and 1/2 days or about 35-40 hrs. Mine discharges about 10-15%

For me over 8 hours 2 % discharge.

I lose 5 km in span of 9 hours :frowning:

1 Like

My scooter was left unused and uncharged for 8 full days last month (Apr 23 to May1). The Range had trickled down from 55kms to 34 kms. If I calculate, it is 100% to 69%. A total reduction of 31% and 17kms over a period of 8 days translates to approximately 4% and 2kms reduction per day.

After this I used it for a day (May 2) and again it was left unused again for another 8 full days(May2 to May10) with full charge. This time it was Shutdown. When it was switched back on, the range left was 53kms-Down from 55kms; which is a drain of around 4% overall and 0.5% per day.

4 Likes

This is excellent and I think these numbers looks quite satisfactory.

I am seeing heavy loss in off state as well as in shut down. Today I lost 5kms in 9 hrs (in off state). In Shut down too, I am seeing loss of 3 to 4kms :frowning: Suspecting something wrong.

1 Like

Rajesh sir, no worries for you, you are a advocate of sedate riding, so this small percentage of battery loss will not affect much for you

5 Likes

My discharge rate varies a lot. It’s kind of weird. Charged it to 94% at night and in the morning (almost 8 hours later) it was still 94%.

But I’d charged it to 98% once and when I unplugged it in a minute, it showed 100%:thinking: which was weird. But I didn’t use it for about 36 hours and it came down to 86%.

Sometimes, there is a discharge of 4-5% overnight in around 9-10 hours which I think is normal. (About 1% for 2 hours)

So I just consider myself lucky when charge drop is lesser than usual.

I think, discharge rate has to do with the temperature of the battery.
Since the motor is near to the battery, it gets discharged faster( correct me if wrong).
And
Depends on the temperature of the surroundings…

1 Like

Hmm maybe🤔 nights are cooler, so discharge is less I suppose. I’ll try to keep a check on it this week and see if I can figure out what’s causing this wide variation in discharge.

1 Like

@rajeshkav sir one point the came up in forum as mentioned by

Can you check the place you are parking if the temperature is high

Last weekend i went home forgetting to shutdown the scooter, it was at 44% on Friday morning 10am and when i returned and checked Monday morning 6am it was 21%…ie 23% drop in 68hrs…around 0.33% in an hour…

1 Like

Buddy don’t break it :smiley:
If its tight tell the service guy next time you do service.

I just told last time i gave the 450 for service without any hope of improvement, because i thought its an axial kind of joint and the angle is fixed…but to my surprise it was adjusted…

And one day i was playing with dashboard after the OTA update in the IBC exit …one guy in Ather t-shirt came to me to talk…i just told him this and he showed me its a 360 ball joint…and then i came to know i was lucky to meet the Q&R lead!!

6 Likes