Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Ola car design looked like Tesla roadster and Lucid air mix

Well…this aged really well

Wow. I’m surprised people still talk about the Ola S1!

At this point, I am equating ola with zomato. Come up with outrageous stuff just to see what sticks. (ola dash, ola food, ola cars, etc etc). Like, bhai you aren’t Ambani or Adani or Tata ji to venture into everything and hope people will keep giving you the time of day

They are SO FAR away from bringing an actual car. It’s Pre concept stages. :man_facepalming:t4: As far as abour the S1 I think it’s a good offering. Like Ather has their 450Plus. They have their S1 at 40k lesser than the pro. I don’t think anyone is giving those specs at 1Lakh. Of course at the risk of hopefully throttle calliberation and questionable built quality of Essential parts.

6 Likes

Seems like Ola Electric is going to be No.1 in electric 2 wheeler sales in September… Wow what a surprise!! Good going

3 Likes

Ola reduced the price by 10k for S1 Pro (for 2 weeks) for festive season. That is a pretty good discount even if is for limited period.

Last week, I saw an Ola S1 / Pro owner in my office parking. He seems satisfied with the purchase.

This is the first time I saw this scooter very closely. The design is very much muted almost like Vespa.

Ather is definitely much more stylish, which still makes heads turn after 3 years also

3 Likes

Yep…Besides performance,the design speaks…Very futuristic,but Simple One looks the same though :smiling_face_with_tear:.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bhash/status/1578733684588687360?s=20&t=2xX9ZPdL1BfKqrT9O-8joQ

this video says that a new product will be launched on 22nd October… any ideas what it could be?

2 Likes

A scooter under 80k price range

2 Likes

Is it possible to make a adapater

Ather connector - campatable adapter - ola connector

Or vise versa ??

no, there isn’t. they are on different canbus protocol systems. even if something does come up it will be costly and not many people will be comfortable using it

Which ones looks hotter…? Toothless (450X) or Night Fury (Ola S1) ?

Just had it for a day and already enjoying the smoother and quicker dashboard of Ola. Without Ola Hyper chargers, I am still in love with Toothless… :heart::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

A photo in better lighting would help! Though both look fire (no pun intended)

eitherway I love how we don’t hate on Ola or the other way around <3 the people fighting in YouTube comments are idiots

2 Likes

Tried out Ola Hyperchager

Started charging at 35% at 7:16PM @32degC

The charging started at a really fast pace. In 10mins the SOC went up 19% and the temp went up from 32 to 39-40degC That equates to about a charging speed of 4.5kW which I think, is faster than Ather but ……

This where Ather proves itself. First 10 mins added 19% and the next 10mins added only 9% almost half as slow and the charging speed started drop when the battery temp hit 42Degrees So what Ather promises of 1.5Km/mins is sustained from 10-80% and what Ola claims is just peak charging speed. It’s good for a quick 10min top up but not for anything more. Ather is just able to manage battery temp and charging speeds better.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I recently got the chance to fast charge my Jarvis (Ola S1) at Malad Experience Centre. Besides a long queue (& someone getting verbally annoyed due to long wait), I had a good experience. Hoping to see more pop up soon. :blush: Its really great to see the competition between Ola and Ather, we all get to experience better tech and features. Hopefully, the electric bike market gets spiced up too. Pretty exciting stuff…!

2 Likes

Battery temperature after charging :eyes::skull:

Topic- Why you should choose an established start up like Ather over new startup’s like Ola Simple …
Ather has been around for 4-5 years now with a lot of improvements and upgrades made to the product, design and quality of parts. Something that the new scooters from Ola, Vida, upcoming simple energy haven’t made yet. My athers wiring harness has been changed multiple times (4) last time was a throttle cable 8months back and 1.5 years back was some other harness. But since then, no real issue. Which leads me to believe that they’ve improved the quality of the wiring. I had my throttle replaced 2 times because it was sticky. It used to get sticky in 4-5k Km and now it’s been fine for the past 15k Km so they’ve fixed that as well. Similarly, My Ola’s wiring harness has been changed once and my front shroud housing the headlight had also broken.

So they’ve seen this happening and changed the design of the mounts. Ather has been through small improvements like this in design and quality over the years. Something that Ola is still going through.
We’ve also seen many cases of Ola front suspensions braking. So they’ve identified it as a design flaw and changed it slightly.
something so critical being changed should be pushed to older customers but not sure if it will. I’m sure Ather would have also gone through this process of improving their design to make the scooter more durable and safe and so the head start that Ather has is absolutely worth the extra 10-20k for the 450X over the Ola S1 Pro.this is for anyone who’s trying to decide between the 2 or thinking of waiting for Simple energy just for the value proposition that it offers.

9 Likes

New Ola Products.
I wish Ather sees this and finally brings more products. Ola is doing this with the same platform they already have and we all know athers platform is much better. Wish we could see more products from Ather.
The 1.1Lakh 4kWh Ola S1 Air might just be best range and performance for the price. It beats the TVS iQube by a lot. 4kWh battery on a 107Kilo scooter with a hub motor might be the most efficient high range scooter.

7 Likes

OLA Bikes got me most excited. :heart::fire:

1 Like

These guys haven’t even worked out the range in different modes in the scooters they just announced. The bikes have literally just been sketched or something. Ola and Ather are very different with respect to new products and features. Ather made no mention of auto hold until they released it and pushed it to all gen 3 scooters on the same day and so I’m assuming when Ather launched a new scooter it’s going to be only when theyve got everything figured out unlike Ola who’ve even showed us some random animation of a car as well :man_facepalming:t4:
About the bikes

Looks like they’ll most just stick the same battery and motor from the scooter and sell it a slight 20-30k premium nothing close to being a full fledged bike. And ADAS In a bike :expressionless::dotted_line_face:

7 Likes