Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Interesting, Simple Energy also launching on the same day

7 Likes

Will there be a price announcement that day? He specifically mentioned specs and availability dates. I feel the price is the most important subject. Hopefully, he won’t postpone the price announcement to another day.

For me, I am most excited to see how the software “smart” experience pans out for Ola customers. If they can beat Ather in this game, it will be awesome. That will result into Ather putting in more resources into better smart tech & overall an improved customer experience.

3 Likes

Do Ola use composite unibody? So if any portion of the body get damaged, the entire body has to be replaced!! ?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bhash/status/1422843499347513351?s=21

2 Likes

This construction phase does not look like delivery is anything less than 1 year away.

2 Likes

Yup also this is why I think even ather is so cool about the launch. They know the ground reality of constructing producing and then the whole large issue/hurdle called supply chain.

… and software… it’s incredibly tricky and hard.

4 Likes

Good to know. I wonder how far that day 1 of deliveries will be?

Looks like they received more reservations from Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, and Kolkata (based on the brightness of the map locations).

1 Like

You’re under estimating pre engineered buildings.

Rumors are

80km range 45kmph top speed ₹85k.

100km range 70-80kmph top speed at ₹1L.

150km range 100kmph+ top speed at 1.2L-1.3L.

Will be happy if proven wrong. Good for all, if all are well planned and goes on time.

Right now, I still feel deliveries from this factory will be in 2022 only.

If they have a small plant where current R&D is going on, they may manufacture handful and do a symbolic delivery.

1 Like
2 Likes

It may have the feature but this is a Normally shot video just played in reverse.

10 Likes

4 Likes

Launch event is at 2 P.M on 15th August!

Will it come with center stand?

2 Likes

I was trying to understand the booking ID of Ola.

• It starts with OET (stands for Ola Electric I guess).
  • Then a hyphen and then there are 15digits out of which the last 6 digits are the date.
  • Then a hyphen and then I have letters and WNS and a 3 digit number.

This 3 digit number in combination with the date will give the que number I feel. would like to know what others have in their booking ID to understand/decipher it

Here’s mine - OET-939284320150721-XOF959.

The date is correct. Booked on the day they announced. Taking a guess if the numbers before 150721 would be the time? “84320” as in 8PM-43M-20S as that is when I got the receipt with the booking ID as seen below. :sweat_smile: Pretty sure I might be wrong as 24HR time format would be used normally. Anyway, we might soon be able to decipher what the I.D actually means.

4 Likes

OET-939-28-43-20-150721-XOF959

They used the 24 hour format. But they used mmhh instead of hhmm.

We can assume that the booking was made at 15-07-21 20:43:28

So, we do not know what the first 3 digits (939) means and last 6 characters (XOF959) mean. :slight_smile:

With the number of bookings on same day, I think 3 digits is not possible to decide the queue. It may be the entire 6 characters in the order of AAA000 to ZZZ999

4 Likes