Notification requests for the mobile app

A post was split to a new topic: Dark mode on mobile app

I think there should be a feature for defining our own auto cutoff percentage. Eg: if my daily usage is less and I care about battery longevity and wanted to follow 20-80-20 cycle then rather than manually checking for 80% or 85% everytime I charge, I could set auto cutoff at 85%. I’m not an expert about battery management but’ve read in many articles about 80-20-80 cycle

4 Likes

Ather must provide alert notification anytime whenever the battery SoC goes below 40% in day also, not only at particular time of 9pm. It will be useful for nightshift owners.

1 Like

Any notification regarding theft/tow detection???

1 Like

It’s future updates ,

2 Likes
4 Likes

Why don’t a feature used to set charge limit in app to increase battery life. I think its possible, vehicle controls the dot or apc to start charging while key is in off state and cut off charging while key is on.

5 Likes

Should most definitely be possible. Also, fast charging when the battery is almost empty should be optional too. If I plug the scooter in overnight with the SoC at 10%, time isn’t an issue and fast charging is unnecessary. Might as well go easy on the battery.

3 Likes

I thought this was filed under feature requests… the closest I see is to get a notification on app request.

1 Like

thats great idea, this could be a simple software update to control charging. Hope subsequent updates can have this feature

2 Likes

It would be great. If we have sticky notification when the scooter is charging. We can easily check the status if we need to ride right after or if we want stop at particular level.

2 Likes

For showing notification, the app requires only "notification permission. Why it’s asking for “notification access permission” ? Why the app need access to all other notifications receiving on device. As an Ather owner i need to know a technical explanation on this.

2 Likes

This is to allow relaying calls and music to the dashboard.

what if i dont need to get any notification or music control on the dashboard? Notification access permission is a critical permission, and a user should have the right to opt out. if a user intended to use the features like charge status, ride stats on app the permision never required and app should not ask for this.

1 Like

It looks like you can still run the Ather app without notification access permitted. Can you check on your phone?

i can use. but it navigate to the system settinga each time the homescreen shown and when the data updates.

Probably something you have to live with while sacrificing for privacy at this age. I’d say the nag would stay because there are less and less privacy minded folk like us than those who like the convenience of having the notification access screen pop up when it is not enabled. Let’s see what Ather can do about it.

PS: i guess you have Google Services on your phone, as well as a few apps that run firebase etc. The data is already leaking to the hands that makes money out of it.

1 Like

this one cant be an answer.

3 Likes

It is really annoying that Ather app redirects to notification access screen everytime on opening. This should be considered as a user experience bug and should be given another option to enable/disable.

1 Like

A icon in the app with lock symbol ,where the scooter is locked / handle lock :lock: :unlock:

1 Like