New Model?

I got a call from Ather showroom and they informed that July 20th is new launch and all previous bookings will be automatically updated. Any insights? Anyone?

This article says so. But maybe you could trust this information from a more reliable source like Ather team of Forum announcement.

2 Likes

What about old Ather plus or x they update the to new model

1 Like

Ya please can we upgrade the existing x model to new one by any charges or something

Ofcourse Plz pay full amount now new model & get the one :wink::wink:

Ather should provide an upgrade option to existing 450x owners as i have buy mine on 28th June only and they can charge 5-10k extra for the upgrade cost

1 Like

There will be none, so its better not to get the hopes high, they are not even providing an option to upgrade the 450plus to 450x even though they share the same hardware, even when consumer is willing to pay. In their opinion they would rather sell you a new one than upgrading the older one.

We can only expect nothing else :grinning:

4 Likes

Government cut the GST

1 Like

True that !

1 Like

I just found this:

Is Ather keeping the launch lowkey?

4 Likes

Well hello thereā€¦ :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Still no official announcement or confirmation bro :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Still tight lippedā€¦ Few auto journalists confirmed about the Ather press conference and pics shows the launch of all new 450x but still the real fans and loyal customers were kept in dark. Common guys atleast now tell all of us that new variant is coming and launch is happening very soon and if possible out the dateā€¦ Its been 3 weeks the document got leaked but still no informationā€¦

3 Likes

So hereā€™s the thingā€¦

No matter how much you wanna know,

No matter how much an official wants to say,

Officials cannot spill the beans even if they want to, thatā€™s how corporates work.

Iā€™m associated with Jaguar Land Rover India, and trust me these guys know how to stay mum.

At times even we get to know stuff from our customers (who happen to travel abroad frequently) before we get official info from the brand itself.

So relax, itā€™ll come when it has to.

An example I can share with you is the YouTuber MKBHD.

Everyone is waiting for a new phone info, then on the launch day, right after the launch, Marques drops a video on YouTube and says ā€œSo Iā€™ve been using this phone, for about a weekā€¦ā€

You get it?? Even these guys are told to say mum, till the time they ā€œplannedā€ on revealing things officially as per the Brand and Marketing team.

I hope you understood what Iā€™m trying to say.

Peace :v:t2:

4 Likes

That is fine. And that is expected from Ather too. But now that the word is already out and Journalists are being told, Ather team can at least officially confirm that a new model is in ready and give some information. I think thatā€™s what the people on the forum are expecting.

1 Like

They canā€™t do that if the vehicle isnā€™t ready for sales yet. That would jeopardize their existing orders. It happened to Nokia back in 2009 when then CEO Stephen Elopā€™s internal memo leaked - he called the Symbian OS a ā€˜burning platformā€™ when Windows Phone devices were atleast a year away. Maybe the timelines arent comparable but you get the idea.

If people officially heard about a product that isnā€™t ready yet for sale - especially one that makes the previous one obsolete, many would just wait to purchase the new one and possibly cancel orders.

A Tata or Mahindra could announce well in advance since they have different vehicles for various customer segments but not a startup like Ather where all sales are dependent on a single product line.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think it applies here, atleast not all of it.

Looking at the buzz outside, the release it not too long away. Also, regarding the point about it affecting the current orders, it only seems natural!

People obviously want to get the latest one if they can afford it. So why not give folks an option to upgrade to the new one or reduce the price of the existing one. That seems very natural thing to do.

Overall, Iā€™m saying that, I can understand the business side of things of trying to keep things locked up. But when people outside are already being told, I donā€™t see any problem just coming out with it and saying that there is a new model coming.

2 Likes

It may be launched on 15th August coincide with 75th Independence Day.

They have no information about anything!!!

2 Likes