New Model?

450X with a bigger battery (3.66 kWh) has got ARAI certification. The battery is bigger by ~26% (3.66 vs 2.9kWh). ARAI range is also higher by ~26% (146 km vs 116km). The real-world range will be ~107km. Looks like there is a replacement for 450 plus as well with a locked battery with 108 km ARAI range.

Source:

7 Likes

Looks like a bigger battery pack rather than a new model, those last lines explicitly say to accept the modified version of 450x

@abhishek.balaji please at least now spill the beans

5 Likes

Why does people use wrap instead of warp mode??? This a something related to vehicle performance and not some gift wrapping session :joy:

2 Likes

I just hope we can get the present one swapped with the new one. @tarun knows how to turn the game around for Ather vs Competitionā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

That is the last thing you will be expecting :grinning: if you had followed the 450 to 450x saga. There was 10 times more excitement and almost all 450 owners prebooked the 450X. After the actual release and pricing, 450 suddenly became a huge value for money option.

In my opinion, Ather should improve the software and dashboard hardware drastically in terms of features, usability and performance.

4 Likes

Hahahaā€¦yea but then going by the name on that sheet I still have that 0.0000001% hopeā€¦ready to pay for a bigger batteryā€¦

2 Likes

they will shoot us down saying itā€™s not possible, even though it was 100% possible when they did the transition from 450s to 450x this was the same question I had raised but they kept on insisting the hardware is different, only after the release and further dissecting both scooter only the dashboard and battery had upgraded rest was almost the same.

If they didnā€™t upgrade the dashboard with better hardware and it looks like in this new model the motor is kept the same, only a long-range battery pack is updated, then this upgrade to 450x to longer-range 450x is not worth in my opinion.

Dashboard improvement, ABS, Better tyre right from the factory, Panel quality, this was the request I made way before they launched 450x, and nothing had improved, I donā€™t think I have High hopes for this.

4 Likes

Finally something good coming upā€¦ My expectations belowā€¦

If they are just providing bigger battery to current 450X with more color options then there will not be much price difference less than 5k to existing one as they get 11K additional subsidy. Existing owners donā€™t feel bad, any electronic gadget will get more features and better hardware in all the new releases with minimal price hikeā€¦ So please do hurt and blame Ather on thisā€¦

Secondly if they are providing TPMS as default then with better dashboard (more RAM), better suspension, better seat then they can cost 15-20k more than existing one. If ABS is provided then 2L after fameII subsidyā€¦

Lets see what @tarun has in his mindā€¦ @abhishek.balaji eagerly waiting for some official confirmation and tentative timeliness of launchā€¦

6 Likes

Bro yrr meri Ather 450x ki delivery hai 3-4 din meh ab meh ky kru meh pura confuse hogya hu or thoda shock bhi :joy: ab meh ky kru fir kuch andaaza hai ky ki kitne time baad aajayega new model kyuki mughe gaadi ki urgent requirement hai wese age thode dino me aa rhi ho toh new hi lelu

2 Likes

Itā€™s possible we upgrade the Ather plus in new model

Is this happening anytime soon?

I am awaiting the delivery of My 450X in the next few days. If the facelift is launching in th next few months I would wait for the facelift model.

@abhishek.balaji can you help with some clarity on this?

Thanks, Yagnesh.

4 Likes

Bro same mine delivery of 450x in 2-3 days no clarification or official announcement from Ather I think we should not wait and go ahead with our premium ev purchase because I donā€™t think so that it will come early before 2023 so i am going with my current purchase only :blush:

5 Likes

In future if company take out a scheme

Oh manā€¦ I really donā€™t mean to appear snotty, but thatā€™s such a badly-written article! First of all, misinformation! For example, this is not true at all:

The Warp Mode turns out to had been added in particular to counter the function additionally to be had on Ola S1 Pro

Warp came into 450X before Ola S1 Pro was even launched.

Secondly, whatā€™s with that appalling and confusing English? Looks like their copyeditor is on leave or something :sweat_smile: They have literally just made the article sound sophisticated by replacing regular words with words from the thesaurus :joy:

9 Easy Ways to Get Busy People to Respond to Emails

4 Likes

@harshithbhat, thatā€™s truly hilariousā€¦ Itā€™s like blaming IPHONE for snatching the ā€œIā€ from VIVO.

Now that you say, I too feel that this article is based on some misleading information.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Just to clarify, the news about the upgraded version seems to be true. The image of the form with details is floating on multiple forums online. This article though seems to have just been written based on that image, with some random useless text and misinformation added in for good measure, to make the author sound credibleā€¦

6 Likes

I have been browsing through articles or information regarding some new Ather model. I donā€™t know if I have missed anything on the forum or any discussion regarding the same. There is some circular of approval of a vehicle from the Govt. authority which also mentions the range is 146kms.

PS - I donā€™t know if I have missed anything or if this is a hoax.

2 Likes

Here is the discussion

6 Likes

Rumours are,

• Bigger Tyres, - 100/80 12" MRF Zapper, the one found on OLA,
  • Slightly Wider battery pack. Mostly to add a 2p of cells,
  • 2 GB RAM, I hope they go for 3 GB instead.
  • Same processor, WWWWHHHHHYYYYYY go for a better one, please.
  • Same dashboard 7" LCD TFT display, maybe Multitouch.
  • same motor but Slightly tweaked to output 6.2 KW/hr.
  • 16Gb ROM

But things we want

• Wider seats.
  • Hazard Lights.
  • Better Mirrors.
  • Sports mode to do at least 100Km per full charge.
  • Complete belt protection.
  • ABS
  • 120/70 Tyres
  • Games when we are charging at the grid that is available on Dashboard
  • Ladies Footrest
  • Mobile Fast charger inbuilt at least QC 3.0 25w
  • Automatic Flap Closing when the port hand is removed.
  • Maps from MapMyIndia
17 Likes

If the registration is done, then the boat has already sailed my friend.

If not, and cancellation is still an option, then itā€™s worth the wait.

3 Likes