New Model?

While is browsing I saw ather ad with below photo. Is this dash from upcoming new model or something? ?

13 Likes

That’s not a two wheeler at all. That’s a car…The A/C vents and the car image on the screen are a giveaway. Ather is still faar away from making a car. The AI of this ad program may not be good and just with the EV tag, it would’ve put that text and image together. It’s the dashboard of a Chevrolet Volt FYI.

13 Likes

Actually it’s high time Ather came out with a new model. The Ather scooter changed in he face of Electric Scooters in India but the scooter has a lot of shortcomings for the price they are charging. Most of the issues below are from threads on the forum.

• Range is not good enough.
  • Sales experience is poor. Deliveries are taking too long.
  • Service is bad.
  • Spares availability is bad.
  • Software updates not up to the mark.
  • Still some issues with build quality.
  • Pricing of the subscription and services are on the higher side.
  • Colour choices are limited.

It looks like the guys at Ola are taking this forum more seriously than the guys at Ather itself.

21 Likes

saying that everything in Ather is bad or not to your expectations ? Surprised to hear in this forum . I own Ather 450plus since July this year . I am more than happy riding this scooter with a senior citizen lady as a pillion with the existing foot rest It’s a pleasure riding Ather with the torque and power at the accelerator grip The dash board features are so good ,the app to say is well designed Range is some thing that you had discussed , that does not depend on the expected range , it is more dependant on how you(rider) ride. No IC scooter gives these many features . More the statistics displayed one will find the defects first not the good features

14 Likes

Still you have bought an Ather, isnt it ironic?

Most of the issues you have listed are teething issues and there is some amount of progress in getting these resolved.

You have a good product, enjoy it :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’m still waiting for my Ather

8 Likes

sabar ka phal wheeeeeeeee hota hai :smiley:

11 Likes

I’ll try responding to some of the issues you listed, from my year long ownership experience:

85-100km range for a “city scooter” is honestly decent. Unless you ride for a logistics/courier company, its a good amount of range for a days usage.

I’ve had really good experiences when its come to service, the Mumbai service team has always taken a step ahead to make sure things are resolved in terms of service.

This is a known stocks issue, hoping its resolved soon.

Has gotten better over the period of time, they have been working on ironing out the software experience.

Not sure who you are comparing this to? But I feel given the fact that its optional, and currently Connect Pro is free to all, its only fair that you pay for services you want to opt for.

Ofcourse, they would try to do better than what a product in the market has been doing for almost 3 years. No one is gonna try to do worse than competition on a new product right? Its just so obvious. Comparing new products with Ather isn’t too fair, cos they can’t go back and change what’s already made. I think it would be exciting to see the next launch what Ather comes with. :crossed_fingers:t2:

9 Likes

The opinions are not mine but what I have read on the forum.

4 Likes

Even if we agree those are problems, bringing a new model would not fix those, except for the range issue.

Issues with spares or service wouldn’t magically change when a new model comes out. Those need to be sorted before a new model comes in to make customer’s experience better.

8 Likes

You do realise that bringing a new model will only worsen those issues right? Focus and priority immediately shift to the new one and the 450X will remain a white elephant.

4 Likes

First, I choose Ather over ola because of their experience centres where you can atleast take test rides and feel the product physically without paying single penny. Second of its sporty looks and build quality and design. I personally take ola test ride after paying of 20499/- for only 2kms and I say that build quality and paint quality is far better than ola. Far better design than ola.

On features i think all neccesory features are their in dashboard. Its funny to listening music and attend a call on loudspeaker in live traffic. I agree that ola has more features and Ather also impliment good things in future. I am proud owner of Ather 450x i feel that everyday i ride.

20 Likes

Superb… It ia such an awesome SMART SCOOTER. So many positives

7 Likes

Did Ather mention anywhere that they’re going to launch a new model by the end of this year (2022)? A couple of youtubers so far have claimed that in their videos.

Any such indication by Ather?

6 Likes

Atleast 18 months away. Tarun said that in the Twiiter space on Jan 28

6 Likes

Will it be this?

4 Likes

No one knows

5 Likes

I was told a new model is expected by August 2022 by the sales rep. Is that so ? A cousin picked up the 450X recently as she was in no mood to wait. I held off since the new model is only a few months away.

6 Likes

It’s atleast 18 months away according to Tarun

4 Likes

Can’t wait to get my hands on the 450x and I cannot wait until August to clear the rumour about new scooter from Ather. I had booked on February 27th and it hasn’t moved beyond that. Can anyone enlighten me on how realistically long does it take to get the scooter? :blush:

3 Likes