New Ather Subscription plans - Connect & Service

Thanks Hemanth. I liked picture of Ather :slight_smile: . I shared my usage pattern. There can be different usage pattern from other users. Ather has lot of data and must be studying usage patterns. Now, coming to connecting cloud, with my limited knowledge, there are two prominent cloud APIs involved here, google map API and AWS. Whether scooter or mobile, API calls will cost irrespective of source. As I understand, google map API call is costly affair compared to AWS. So, price/plan structure can still be aligned.

4 Likes

If we don’t have subscription, that does not mean you need to lock up entire app.

At least show us the places where we can get the charging stations. Add a grid view/ search which should be available for all owners with or without subscriptions.

Looking at the grid points before starting the trip reduces our range anxiety as we are barely getting 65-70 km / charge

7 Likes

You’ve two options:

1. Use the ‘Athergrid’ app for looking at grid points’ availability. This app doesn’t require any subscription.
  2. If you just have the lite subscription, check the grid points on your scooter dashboard.
5 Likes

Atleast give Ather a chance man. We are saving thousands on petrol anyway. How much it will matter to pay a few hundred each quarter for subscription? Imagine how good it will be to have a good software experience along with a commendable hardware. AND the experience is surely getting better. I am a beta tester and I would suggest sit tight for a few more iterations and you will he pleasantly surprised. I am 10.1.6 and man its been really stable. Hardly any noticeable restarts, no issues with navigations, every thing is working much better. There a few glitches but they have come down so much. I am enjoying the subscription. I hope many others will do as well in a coming few mnths. Hold tight…! :blush::blush:

4 Likes

How can I become a beta tester? Would really love to give feedback and help Ather improve its software!

I bought my Ather 450+ yesterday and subscribed for Connectivity Pro plan. But the App doesn’t reflect the changes even after 24 hours. Can someone pls help me in this regard??

You could try and get it resolved by contacting CS. I too got my scooter(S1) delivered on August 3 and Connect Pro subscription on Sunday, no plan has yet been activated for me. I have wrote mails to them but they only say they’ll get it done via the concerned team and revert back. I have written to them again after that and it’s the same response.

1 Like

Oh yah… Ather grid - the app which does not have Ather bikes listed :laughing:

1 Like

Athergrid app is designed for non-Ather vehicles. Whenever charging at Ather grid becomes chargeable, non-Ather vehicles will scan the QR code use the 15Amp socket in the fastcharger and pay for the usage. Since different vehicles can use the same socket, Ather wants to have this stat of what vehicles are using their grid.

Ather vehicles can directly the Ather plug and since only Ather vehicles use it, Ather need not have the “vehicle type” stat. That being said, Ather will definitely have to list “450” or “450x” sometime in future as they’ve opened up the charging plug patent to everyone, some other vehicle may also use the same plug. But that’s for the future.

You may also argue that some Ather vehicle may use the power socket using a portable charger instead of the plug. While that’s true, its a very rare scenario that an Ather owner would want to use a socket with a portable charger while a plug is simpler (more so when both the plug and the socket can’t be used simultaneously to charge 2 vehicles simultaneously).

I this case, I suggested you to use Athergrid app only to find the grid availability status as that doesn’t need any subscription (at least till Ather decides to give this functionality in the Ather App itself -which they should IMO).

5 Likes

Worst Ather connectivity plans - at least charging status should kept free. or create a separate plan if you’re concerned about mobile data (e-sim). Make Wifi available in scooter so that we will use our mobile hotspot for sync. We already paid a huge amount for scooter w.r.t market price still you are looting. If this is the case your shutter will close soon, OLA will kick you out.

Still scooter accessories are not available. At least foot rest should be there so that ladies on sarees will make there ride easier. You stopped your R&D this leads to your end.

2 Likes

Try restarting your vehicle. Press hold both the brakes and the motor on button until your vehicle screen goes blank and wait for a few seconds and try connecting again . I’m sure it will help

1 Like

Hi there, how do I purchase a subscription plan online ?. There is no button to click on the website, I basically got dizzy going around the place ane being redirected to the home page. Please help, I am only trying to purchase something, so it should be easier !

Hey Girish, go to the website and login into your account-> click on Menu option (three lines on the right corner) → click on my account → “your 450+/x”->“Your subscription”-> Modify pack-> select the required subscription to be purchased.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, Today i am facing some issue with my vehicle front end it feels stiff while turning and throttle feels hard too. While interacting about it woth customer care about it i came to know that when we buy Service lite or pro plans we will get only 2 services in a year and after that we need to pay for the service after that. That means 2400+taxes for only 2 services that sound a bit too much. Whereas if we go for quarterly plans we will get one service with each plan. @abhishek.balaji It would be really helpful if Abhishek can tell something about it in the community so that fellow riders can also know about it. Since it is nowhere mentioned about the 2services only criteria in subscription details. If someone ride 15k km in a year he/she would have to pay for third service too despite buying service plans so if someone know more about it and if i am wrong can correct me.

4 Likes

Hey Neeraj, welcome to the Ather Community. Based on what you said, Service Pro/Lite covers the consumables during the period of coverage. Here’s something from the Ather FAQ

• What are the consumables that will be covered under Ather Service plans?

Once your vehicle is inspected, here are the consumables that will be replaced, as and when required. - FR & RR wheel bearings - Steering bearings - Front fork seal - Swingarm bushes - Brake pads (two wheels per year) - Primary and secondary belts. Additionally, we will also top-up brake fluid and front fork oil.

1 Like

Hi Prathamesh, I think you didn’t get my point the concern is that a person ride 15k KM in a year will need 3service visit. But as per my conversation with Ather team only 2 service visit are included in yearly plan. Consumables are a different thing altogether. Since I have covered 5k KM in 4months I am pretty clear I would cover 15k KM within a year Hope this time I am a little clear.

Waiting for the confirmation response from Ather Team @abhishek.balaji Can you please let the community know about it.

2 Likes

We do have owners in our Mumbai group who have clocked 30k km in a year or so, have claimed all their services in that window. I don’t think its a restriction. @shaikhtausif0707 could share his experience.

Thank you Prathamesh, I will visit for my first periodic service next week. Planning to get annual service subscription lets see

2 Likes

Hi. I am not able to buy the subscriptions from the app i have also tried it from other phones still not able to find where to buy the subscription. Please can anyone help

You need to from the website. App.Atherenergy.com

1 Like