Network and Service Providers

No network on my bike since Sunday evening. When is the problem going to be solved. Is it about the server or anything else? Because Voda network otherwise is working fine. The problem seems to be only with Sims used for our bikes.

1 Like

Hey Everyone!

For users facing issues with the vehicle not connecting to the network, we were facing some issue at our network provider’s end which has now been sorted and we have received confirmation from them about this being resolved.

Here’s how to fix it, if you are still facing the issue:

1. Do a key off and key on the vehicle once.
  2. If that does not restore the network, please do a complete shutdown of the vehicle, post which you should be able to receive network on the vehicle.
  3. If your vehicle is currently parked in an area with low connectivity such as basement, please ride to an area with proper connectivity.

P.S. Shutdown of the vehicle might result in loss of your last ride’s data. If you continue to face any issue, do get back to us through the customer service line or in-app feedback.

4 Likes

@chaitanya.hegde

Hi Chaitanya,

Thank you and your team for making Ather OTA upgrade and feature better every time.

During the 3rd owners meet, you have informed owners currently there is no initiative to upgrade existing or new vehicles Ather dashboard esim from 3g to 4g modem and given guarantee that Vodafone may not shutdown 3g services until next 2 - 3 years.

I need a response, what plan does Ather team and Ather 450 will have after 2 - 3 years or after Vodafone stops 3g service.

No OTA Updates?
No Navigation?
No link of vehicle monitoring through app?

I have not taken Ather 450 through lease and not planning to upgrade vehicle to next Ather version in upcoming 5 years.

Currently planning, to opt Ather subscription plan and may replace new battery to extend Ather 450 life for many years.

Kindly give a frank reply, what would be your answer, if 3g service is completely stopped and what if 4g initiative was not started by Ather by 2019 - 2020.

I don’t want to see Ather 450’s without smart, intelligent enabled scooter by 2022-2024.

4 Likes

They thinking apple way of upgrade cycle for existing user’s.

@Shreyas @Ather.Team

Please respond this , please …

1 Like

Any update on this?

1 Like

Ather has clarified that current 450 owners will be given an option to upgrade the communication module to 4G.

The timeline and cost has not been published yet, however I suspect it will be after the 450x deliveries commence.

1 Like

Thanks Raghav, will wait for the upgrade annoucement :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When was this announcement made?