Go anywhere with 'EV'

Google photos has no data limit afaik. Only if u store original hd quality it counts against data.
Try tracking the phone and data. Wishing you luck and safety.

1 Like

was searching for a charge in hyd near LB nagar

unable to find for a while so have removed the mobile from bag and tried searching for petrol pumps nearby and have left mobile in my pocket (wearing a track which has no zipper for pocket)

after 15 min i notice that mobile is missing - couldn’t realize as i was pushing the bike and concentrating on businesses nearby to ask for help

my mobile is 7 inch and will not fit completely in the pocket

should have been more careful

1 Like

oh that is unfortunate. I guess you were not able to track it down afterwards? May be some good samaritan would have picked it up and might be awaiting your call?

Hi Abhishek,

This is Santhosh, this place is just opposite to my house In Palamaner , in future You need help to charge ur Ather let me know I can help.
You can get in touch on my number 9980010690 if you need help in Palamaner.

Santhosh.Rachaiah

8 Likes

Starting to Bangalore tomorrow

below is the route plan

Shamshabad
jadcherla,
kodandapur,
dhone,
anathapur,
penukonda,
chickballapur,

home

above is based around 80km range and might change depending on different factors

for now found help in ananthapur

lets see how it goes

7 Likes

sure will get in touch when i return to bang

and thanks for that

1 Like

Why do you take chances.
Make it 60kms range.
That way you don’t have to wait that extra long for 100%.
80% will be fine and faster, don’t you think

yes in a way it make sense and is ideal when you know you have help ready for you without any wait

but at this stage it takes more stops, which means you need to search for charging more number of times, more efforts to search for charging - we end-up spending more time

2 Likes

Okay.
Got your point.
Anyway, best of luck

Hey santosh, can u tell me that can I buy it in Bangalore and take it to PUNE?

You can take it all around the country - no holds barred. But any repairs, replacements and troubleshooting can only be done at Bangalore.

So basically, if some moron causes an accident and your bike is damaged, Ather can’t repair it for you in Pune. You’ll need to ship it to Bangalore via rail/road and get it done.

Also the charging point installation and associated maintenance can only be done at Bangalore.

I know, it’s kind off a bummer that you have such a beautiful vehicle in the market, but then your city is not yet apart of that market!

4 Likes

Back in Bang

15 Likes

After reading through your blog, Ather 450’s range is not meant for highways or roadtrips and meant to be used in within city limits for commuting only. Atleast @ather_rajs.in should increase the true range to 200km

1 Like

This would mean a larger battery pack, re-designing the vehicle structure for the larger battery pack, upgrading the BMS to handle the additional capacity, re-working suspension and frame to account for the extra weight brought on by the larger battery pack and finally extensive road testing since additional weight is going to impact the range/torque and top speed.

6 Likes

If we look at Tesla, I think making the the first model is the hardest and later on it is improving on an existing design. @ather_rajs.in should focus its energy in improve the range rather than try to make it ‘smart’.

1 Like

The product is different and target market is different. How many people drive for 100km one way everyday?. The cheapest Tesla has a range equal to 300+kms - considering the larger battery pack.

What also sells for Tesla is the FSD software, OTA upgrades, build quality and the access to SuperChargers enroute that allow owners to rapidly top-up battery charge for longer drives. If look at most Tesla reviews, there is very little commentary about the battery but more about the FSD/advanced collision avoidance/Sentry Mode and even Dog mode!

And my 2 cents - You dont have to compromise on range for a smart vehicle and vice/versa. They can co-exist - only that battery tech evolution is slower than IoT/SW evolution.

12 Likes

I think only @ather_rajs.in insiders can explain price increase if battery is bumped to 5KW or 10KW while removing all the ‘smart’ features, subscriptions, etc. I feel to be a important player, they have to increase to minimum of 8KW , else remain as a niche player.

2 Likes

yes only if you choose high-quality option

but somehow i left that at option top backup Original

so it was limited

next time I’ll take care

i just found out setting was something else

thanks

Hi Ather gang

Wanted to cover my long trip so far on my flight

Couldn’t get time from past 2 weeks as am desperate to find a new job (not lucky yet)

This trip to my dad’s home town was planned quite some time ago but on train and vote, as my parents were already reached there quite a while ago to take care of my grandparents for a period of 2 months (all above trips are done when mom is away – eventually she got to know anyways) – have asked them to stay back as voting date is nearby….

When the date was nearing my brother informed me that he won’t be able to come with me as I scheduled the journey a 2 days earlier to voting date so that we can spend some time in village.

Now that am only one who is supposed to travel – got this idea to take my flight

Immediately cancelled the train ticket and started to check the route and decided to stick to the coast line all the way to destiny.

So, in the past have been to tirupati and there is no change in plan till there

This time had a tough time in tirupati as I have reached there around 10.30 – couldn’t find help for long time (few offered help but same story with earthing)

Finally a guy in closed petrol pump at 2 am agreed to offer charge for 1hr – charged there and headed to srikalahasti.

Reached srikalahasti and fortunate to find a reliance petrol pump where we have facilities to take shower (as I was searching for charge all night – want to take shower badly)

Refreshed myself there and charged vehicle – also took some rest for about 45min and started heading towards Nellore.

Nellore town had only 1 road along the highway where all amenities are on both sides of the road – so it was easy to find petrol pumps and business – though staff in petrol pump want to help they end-up being help less because either the owner or the manager wouldn’t agree when they or me call them – as they couldn’t wrap their head around the fact that my flight need only 2 units – they are worried about the time taken and are in disbelief .

Finally a petrol pump manger agreed to offer help – when tried all the plugs none have earthing – but when decided to move – saw the plug near the air pump had 3 wires attached – so tried and hurray it worked.

Stayed there for 2.5 hrs as manager was cool and asked about the bike and interestingly every one who came to fill petrol and air started inquiring about the bike and I see they take out their phone to take pics and also few started calculating the savings they will make if they opt for it and started expressing their opinion that price should be around 90k and they wouldn’t mind of there is no such fancy display… overall rural areas will adapt these vehicles very soon – just need to bring the price down a bit and have to explain things in a sense of saving money – yearly.

Now headed to Kavali - many didn’t offer help but finally in a HP petrol pump – this is last petrol pump along the way in kavali – offered help where have charged for some time and started heading towards Ongole.

Finding help here is comparatively easy as only few refused help but many offered – but same story with earthing.

But in a indian oil petrol pump I was lucky there is earthing – but the plug which was there in generator room was never used and there was lots of oil residue as it is in generator room – had to stand there for some time holding the plug to have continues charge – later have taped it to stay in place – but had to keep an eye on charger to make sure it is charging – and when ever it stops charging had to adjust the plug (no network here * unable to see info on mobile) – again lot of interest here as well.

Now headed to Bapatla – where I couldn’t find help for very long time – there is only 1km charge left which I managed to travel at least 2.5km and the I found a reliance petrol pump which may be the last point after baptla and there are no building or any kind of habitation on map – so was desperate to find charge now.

There are 2 guys in petrol pump when I asked for help first one straight away rejected and second one was curious how me and my bike look and he started inquiring and started to argue with the other guy and asked to ring owner – so have asked owner (Ramesh Gupta) number and spoke to him – for some reason he couldn’t believe that bike get enough charge in 2.5hrs… - but allowed me to charge

He later came to the petrol pump to check out our flight and he advised that even his relative have some EV which takes 8hrs to charge and charger will take entire boot space

We discussed about different aspect about the bike for an hour – he was impressed when I said I have taken it to hills aswell (he is comparing things with his previous exp with EV’s or what he heard of – and flight proved it is better/best in every aspect)

Took pictures – vice-versa (unfortunate, couldn’t post – I lost mobile before I back-up the data)

Hurrraaayy next stop dads home town

Am just waiting to see my mom’s reaction.

I know this was long – wanted to finish as soon as possible – ill finish in next 2 posts

12 Likes