Sure,

Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Temple
Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Temple
Jalamangala, Karnataka 562159
079752 39558
https://maps.app.goo.gl/tp3Nn4xWRxnTxo3a8

Savandurga Hill
Karnataka
https://maps.google.com/?q=Savandurga+Hill%2C+Karnataka&ftid=0x3bae3664f8d60951:0x7d23470068713f8f

Rangarayana Doddi Lake Boating
Bolappanahalli, Karnataka 562159
https://maps.app.goo.gl/xLRCwe4F8uzfkExj9

1 Like

as i said it is training

Hahaha sure

All the three are about 60 KM’s from my house.

Will need to charge at destination!

is a weekend challenge

should you choose!

Shivaganga

Me and @Abhishek are planning to shivagange you can join us on Sunday. so if you are willing then I will explain the plan

220v lines are used in the US too for things like washer/dryers, air-conditioners, heaters etc. It’s common to see a 220v point in almost every American home built after the 70’s.

KSA has both too
220V for ACs, etc and 110V for others.

Well yes, the Americans did commit the stupidity of sticking with 110V (rated 120V) for general appliances (they had their reasons), but luckily for them, some folks were smart enough to realize 120v is not going to cut it for bigger appliances like refrigerators/washing machines and industrial machines. So they designed a 220v (rated 240V) system as well, similar to India. You can look up NEMA 240V outlets for more info. (Link). Here’s an image from the linked article, all of these are 240V sockets:

Yesterday (sunday) been to Shivagange – which is about 60km from Bangalore (may vary based on where u live in bangalore)

So, this was planned by me and Pradeep @pkg7723 when we met in Chennai.

I was surprised to see he’s got crazy list of places around Bangalore, where we can have fun weekend rides…

So first in the list is Shivagange – happen to be close to Pradeep’s mom’s native…

So the plan is to start at 6am in the morning at a common meeting place at goraguntepalya, where I have started from my home at 5.30 and reached the place by 5.45, and texted Pradeep, appeared he had trouble with finding the charger which he borrowed from his friend. (it was missing from the boot, so he went to his friends home to check but they aren’t available…)

We finally met at 6.50 and started towards shivagange by 7am at around 40 to 50km speed, we quickly reached Pradeep mom’s place and had a quick charge for about 10% each at his uncle’s place…

(as there is only 1 charger now, we need to share the charger and time)

Then headed to shivagange hill, which we are able to see already and looking beautiful with fog on the top…

IMG_20190721_073642

We have reached there and parked our flights little away on Pradeep’s advise (as there are too many monkeys in parking area, he had bad experiences in past where seats are torn by monkeys)

We started walking from there towards the temple itself and took steps (me with bare foot and Pradeep have decided to climb with slippers)

Once we passed the temple itself real fun starts as the hills get more steeper and steeper and more challenging to climb, steps are carved on the hill itself for grip, luckily there is no sun, else I would have burnt my foot…

IMG_20190721_085050

Noticed there is some kind of rainwater harvesting tech, in the hill itself which is very fascinating, not sure if this was made by man or natural but interesting to see, all the rain water gets accumulate here and stored, surprisingly this is servicing all the water needs for the temple and they have even installed a pipe to pump water – may be to the other side of the hill, also noticed there are canals on the hill for the water to flow to bottom of the hill.

By the time we have done 50% climbing I am half drenched in sweat, but Pradeep doesn’t have any visible seat, one can notice my face hair and shirt have completely wet!!

After reaching 75% it was almost impossible to climb without support, there are grab rails with which we are able to manage the climb for most of the time, there are some places where even holding grab rail it is very difficult to have balance.

You will find some vendors selling fruits, snacks and drinks at some curves, but please do not buy any! Please!!

2 reasons why, first-most of the thing u buy will be plastic holders and it will end up spoiling the surroundings on the hill, which is concerning as the amount of plastic thrown as waste is considerably high already and there are grooves between 2 hills which are filled with plastic bottles!!

Second reason, we have our mischievous and at times dangerous Monkeys all around, and they are crazy also smart, they will not trouble vendor for food, but as soon as you buy the food from vendor they will be after you, most of them who are wise will give it to them without fight, but few try to fight to lose as monkey is MONKEY

Also observed there is a law for monkeys as well within themselves, once a monkey take food from visitor other monkeys do not trouble the monkey asking for share instead they find another visitor if they are hungry. We saw a DON monkey there @pkg7723 has a pic of it

Now after some more effort we reached on top and it was beautiful and satisfactory looking at nature from heights, we are very close to clouds and we can see howz the weather in surrounding places, also we can see tumkur from the hill and few ponds along with factories surrounding industrial area. you can see a BIG idol of Nandi carved on the hill top and a small temple which is probably the whole purpose of the place but was ignored badly, the breeze was cool and fresh – hope our planet have same breeze all the time when our electric vehicles take over ICE and dependent on renewables to run on a daily basis

Surprised to see a dog on the top – probably meditating – as we are there for about an hour on the top and this dog didn’t change its position at all, being a monkey myself decided to poke it, touched its ear twice, but no response it is clearly lost in deep sleeeeep (u can watch the dog in video)

Now we started return back downhill, I find it difficult to get down and made more stops than we have during climb and my foot started hurting more as I didn’t have practice walking bare foot…

As we are making more stops we started some literature/script carved on the hill at some places, tried to decode but couldn’t…

There are many other interesting things there which was explained by Pradeep as he has been to this place many times form childhood

back to flight parking place now

we have shutdown our flights to save loss of energy, but Pradeep flight have remained at 42% and my flight lost 4%, in such short period

despite shutting the system

@Ather.Team please review and this is not first time and have been observing high loss on idle time from my battery

So, started the trip now towards Pradeeps aunts house which is 15m away from shivagange as they are expecting us when Pradeep informed them in the morning.

By the time we reached that place (45km away from banagalore) I have 18% battery left and Pradeep have 20%,

We needed at least 1hr charge each to be able to return, we unwrapped our extension and charger and to our surprise there is no electricity and we got a confirmation that it is back only by 6Pm we have more 2.5hrs.

Now we are dam hungry and so diverted our focus on feeding ourselves first, had lunch at his aunts place and started searching for sources nearby for electrify.

Luckily there is place where electricity is available at pradeeps cousin friends place, headed there and started charging after an hour just before my flight got desired battery % @55 we heard a big sound and we m=immediately knew it is from some nearby transformer!

Now we started calculating time and we notice that it is 5.30 and his aunts place will get electricity back by 6, so we decided to stay until 5.55 and test our luck form there, luckily within 15 min power returned and started charging the other flight aswell,

At about 6.40 we started our return to Bangalore and reached Bangalore in an hour and back to home

Overall it is a great day and like the place a lot, good experience though a little trouble for charge at least we had a source.

Have requested all the owners to give a though to plan a drive as a group (at least 10)

In case you haven’t see the post please do and if interested – please reply

If the big question “howz about the charge” is bothering you guys – please leave it to me…

I shall try and sort a plan for all those and see we have portable charger and points ready

I just want to see how many will be interested for this!!

10 Likes

Would definitely be interested if I receive my Ather by that time. :smiley:

We’ll surely go Maga. Once you have it. #Mahalakshmipuramgang

1 Like

Religion seems to be an issue for me, need to go-to church Sunday morning at 7 am. If any Saturday drives happening or Sunday 9 am on wards drive possible then i am in

1 Like

I missed all that fun…

But here I am, Traveling in Dubai Metro(Electric without driver).
Also Dubai Trams are awesome…Uploading: Screenshot_20190722_204238_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20190722_211115.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20190722_211733.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20190722_205026.jpg…

These are from inside of red line of metro
Uploading: IMG_20190722_200033.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20190722_200633.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20190722_200619.jpg…

Also I tried TESLA showroom but it was closed…

Lastly the Burj Khalifa

2 Likes

I am in. I was also thinking of driving to a serene, scenic place with all the green creds the scooter has.

I would love to join, although I live on the other side of Bangalore from everyone else :-).

Have you guys visited Avani? This small town has some amazing ancient temples which are around a thousand years old. If we could find a place to charge at Kolar or Malur, it would be a great trip.
Another nearby place is Kurudumale near Mulbagal.

2 Likes

nice to hear

also lucky to have couple of colleagues who can help us in Kolar

so, there is one more place to add on checklist

people raise ur hands
:raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Suggest we select such places which are 80-90 km to and fro from the nearest Ather grid and we can visit such places on Saturdays. Since I have commitments on Sunday mornings for church…

+1 that

hey buddy

shall we go to avani this week

we have help at kolar

also anyone interested

may be this Saturday or Sunday

1 Like