Maintenance and Service

What a super service from Ather team. My vehicle is completely dead not starting and no display. I called the service center for assistance. I understand the current lock down situation but there is no curtesy to take a complaint. The answer is no technical team is available. So if the lock down is for 2 months i have be without vechicle for 2 months. So my purpose of purchasing 2 Athers by paying lacs of rupees is defeated. I believe the good name of Ather is only shortlived. It is up to you guys to live for people’s expecation or godown into history. Now i am sure even after lock down when i call for service then the standard answer i am going to get is we have piled up service activity and no one is available for next 2 weeks.

Thanks and Regards Reddeppa Chowdary

8 Likes

Are you using 450 or 450x kindly share me when you purchase the vechical boss don’t worry about service delay ather will soon solve your problem…

1 Like

Hello, I have an Ather 450 and an Ather 450x , my 450 is completely blank it is not even turning on or responding to charge and my 450x is making weird noises which is not an important concern considering the ongoing pandemic, my concern is about the ather 450 which is sitting in my basement like an unresponsive piece, and i will definetly worry about ather’s service because its not the first time im suffering , i am an ather owner since march 2019 and ive had many problems regarding service and response from the ather service team , hope ather works on making their service better and more reliable.

2 Likes

Was it in shutdown mode when you last parked? What is the VIN of your vehicle?

Yes ji. Centre Stand provision has to be given. If anything happened to side stand, then it will be difficult to park the vehicle

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussion on Accessories

Thanks a lot. I was looking for a wash and was bothered to get it done since they use high pressure water jets. This is very close to my home and will sure give it a try

1 Like

Same problem with my bike. No display working / not charging/ lying like dead elephant.

In Pandemic Ather must arrange for urgent emergency calls to be attended.

2 Likes

Boss you are asking emergency calls to be attended by Ather. What a pity on all the community who brought the Ather.

1 Like

There are scratches all over my hands and deep cuts on my fingers happened during cleaning my Ather 450X. Almost 90% of the vehicle has sharp edges, even plastic trims.

3 Likes

This is true. Especially when cleaning rear end.

3 Likes

Is the pickup and drop service for service/repair stopped in Hyderabad due to COVID? @abhishek.balaji

No it still functions as usual.

I raised complaint on the app regarding the issue. The customer support said pickup and drop service is currently on pause due to COVID.

1 Like

Ok. So something just came up for the first time, I don’t know if it’s the belt or something to do with the fan.

Horrible noise when I accelerate, as if everything is breaking down inside. I haven’t actually washed my Ather for a while, so I’m guessing it’s dirt. Please help.

Hello all, @rajeshkav I guess i am bit late to find this thread. So i though of sharing my experience.I am facing the shutdown issue after almost 3 years of usage. I first faced the issue in September when is shutdown my vehicle when charge was at 90%. Ather service engineer replied that shut down was recommended only below 60%. Again, i was not using my 450 for more than 5 days, so shutdown my vehicle at 35% battery remaining. The vehicle was again taken back to service center and they reply was that it is a software update issue. They confirmed that thy have updated the software, but again today when i tested shutting down at 40%, vehicle is not waking up. Really frustrating issue. i was never informed that this is a rare issue, but it seems like not a rare issue. Thanks everyone for sharing the issue. I hope Ather will solve the issue.

Sorry to see your experience. Is your vehicle still under warranty? If yes, please flag and get it fixed. I am the first few customer who experienced this problem, however Ather fixed this issue by changing a resistor in Battery Management Module. Since then I am shutting down even at high SoC and till today (it is almost 1.5 years after component replacement) I am good.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.Yes my vehicle is 8n warranty. Actually they took for service when I flagged this. What service engineer told me is that it is software update issue. In order to check whether they resolved it or not I shutdown my vehicle on Thursday and I see that it is not yet solved. Booked a service. hoping for the best

3 Likes

how difficult is to trigger an automated email/SMS when the service schedule is booked. if not feasible may be a Ticker Notification on the app or the website should help.

6 Likes

I am very upset with Ather company service. My Ather scootar 450x on 14 October 2021 to service center…

Only one way to me going to customer court

2 Likes