Some great news for folks in Maharashtra, the state has introduced a revision of their 2018 EV policy.
- For the first 100,000 EV 2W, Rs. 5000 per kWh, but capped at Rs. 10,000 for 2Ws
- Early bird incentive upto Rs. 15,000 for EV 2Ws with a 3 kWhr battery pack, for those who purchase before 31 December 2021
- In addition, there’s a scrappage incentive of Rs. 7000
- And finally, there’s an additional incentive for manufacturers for providing an assured buyback scheme and a minimum of a 5-year battery warranty.
- This means one could get close to Rs. 25,000 off on a new EV 2W with around 3kWhr battery pack
- Looks like these would be directly passed on to the manufacturer, without any hassles of applying for subsidy separately.
- There are other incentives around manufacturing, charging infrastructure, and EV 4Ws, the details of which are in the article above.
This is some amazing news coming in, and our teams are busy figuring out the exact impact and getting more clarity. When we get more details around the exact price changes, along with the state subsidy systems reflecting this change, we’ll share an update!