Long range model

As much as there are people complaining about high price, there are sizable number of people who are ready to pay 1 to 1.5 lakhs more over the sticker price to get double the range… is there any plan for 450x Long range model?

1 Like

I doubt that’s doable on the 450 platform with current battery tech. Where do you suggest they put th bigger battery? 100km is like the magic number, I suppose a 3.5kWh battery pack is near perfect. For 2 lakhs. Ather will need to design an all new platform or, sometime in the the future start using 4680 cells when they become available. That could possibly be able to utilise the 450 platform to get more range. And all us 450 owners hope that by the time we need a battery change, we’ll have a much more dense and higher capacity battery available for our scooter

4 Likes

I can only imagine a maxi scooter type platform that will hold the additional battery capacity and still have enough underseat storage. This will also provide an opportunity to put in a fixed + swappable dual battery pack system.

But the cost Vs volume math will not be in its favour!

6 Likes

The existing battery pack should be upgraded from 3.7ah/hr battery to a 5 ah/hr this will push the range to at least 120 km on the true range, might be costly to change those 168 cells

3 Likes

Absolutely, it will be super useful if Ather can come up with a longer range EV & more FCs. Am sure thats the next step Ather is working hard on. :crossed_fingers::+1:

They are expanding rapidly as of now,a long range model and a affordable model with less premium and techy features with good range and decent performance at a affordable price point will be on their list for sure,if not get them added:).

1 Like

Can it be possible to have an option to connect external battery pack for those who has to cover about 80 to 120 kms, so that he is rest assured and can relay on the external battery pack which can be carried in the under seat space.

3 Likes

Range improvement it’s important I think 140 km I think ather think about this

2 Likes

Yes, I am sure ather is looking at improving range… in the next, new and improved Ather (put model number here) :slight_smile: . We brought Ather 450x for what it is, right? :slightly_smiling_face:

I really do wish the team can work some magic and improve range of the 450x.

1 Like

I hope so bro :slightly_smiling_face: but they taken to much time…

Had a test drive of OLA S1Pro its range in ECO is 180kms, pickup also good, but look wise Ather is far better. If Ather can improve the range it will be a good option to buy.

5 Likes