Lights turn on only when the motor is on

Can we get a feature in the next update where the headlights come on only after the motor is on? When the keys are turned on we can have the DRLs running

I find myself using the screen to change the music instead of taking my phone out of the boot but I don’t like it when the lights keep running

Another scenario is i cannot sneak out of my house. The lights either wake up everyone ( since the windows are right there ) or I trigger the theft alarm

Besides I think it would make it easier to take pictures at night without the lens glare

7 Likes

It’s not possible I think cuz it’s direct connection.

1 Like

We need to do Small Change in Wiring, But Doing ourselves isn’t Recommended

3 Likes

Maybe the SC can do then ?

2 Likes

Not really, it can be controlled by software. I have seen only pilot lamps glowing while the scooter is on during software updates

7 Likes

So not able to sneak is the real issue :smirk::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah But Need to Sacrifice Warranty Topics

2 Likes

Nah not sacrificing warranty, I don’t want to be splicing any wires on the Ather. I believe it can be done through software because like Ibrahim mentioned they can control the pilot lights separately

This isn’t a big deal but it’s the little details that we like, right?

3 Likes

You get it :rofl:

2 Likes

They cannot do that, since the Headlights are the DRL, the pilot lights(the one on the handle bar) is not considered as drl as the lumens is very less.

In Ather all the functions go through VCU, the lights, horn, tail light and nothing is directly connection like a simple circuit. So one can’t alter the wiring. If one does it will put an error on the dashboard (I think).

3 Likes

But you’re not running like that, you’re just telling the main headlights ( pilot lights ) to stay off till the motor is turned on, the ones on the handlebar will stay on since the moment the key is turned on. I think that’s pretty doable, no?

2 Likes

Their Homologation certificate would disagree.

3 Likes

We have that option to enable or disable that night light right it gets turned off after some time after locking the vehicle we we can control it plus we have drl so no need of that main light na ?

2 Likes