Is it not cheating?

Yes, all the best. I did not check anything and belived in the features of Ather.

Ha ha ha, i feel the other way. Lets wait and see

I am sure i will change the bike once i get onboard charger with the bike. Until then i need to survive with this 75km range, 2 lacs price bike daily scolding my self for spending money on this

2 Likes

Moderator Note:

This topic has been very active today, however the conversations are going back and forth on the same set of arguments, adding no further value.

I will be locking this thread for 24 hours and hopefully after that we can resume productive conversations.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 18 hours.

umm What??? How does that make a difference?

I meant to respond yesterday, but the thread got locked and I answered a similar question here:

2 Likes

It will, we can charge on the go for long rides.

Ather charging 10000 more for portable charger :blush:, ofcourse 10K is not huge after spending 2 lacs. But they might have given for less price at least

2 Likes

As opposed to a high volume, low margin model that large, already established manufacturers enjoy, Ather are still at a low volume, high margin stage. Dropping prices may not yet be feasible for them if they need to stay alive.

For all the things they messed up, you cannot deny that the actual product is solid and does not feel like a battery and a motor zip tied to a moped. That is worthy of a premium, in my opinion.

By the way, the portable charger is the same size and weight as the bundled Dot charger. You could simply remove the outer shell and the wall mounting plate from the Dot charger, take the brick out of it and use it as a portable charger.

8 Likes

Ask to provide Fame 2 Subsidy details

Central government gave every e vehicle sum subsidy amout for contributing greener scheme Kindly please ask what is the Without Fame 2 price of this Ather vehicle

I’m not interested in this scooter anymore, too much money for subscriptions above a top price tag.

FAME subcidy goes into companies pocket, and company claimed that its a tough process to claim its just that they are claiming on behalf of customer and the thats part of ex showroom price.

So customer need to pay 1.6 lacs and they get 29 k from govt also

I assume this is your first EV because that’s how FAME subsidy is given. You sign a form, give your aadhar drtails and the manufacturer will get the subsidy amount from the Government later. At the time of the vehicle purchase you’ve to pay an amount inclusive of the subsidy. Below was how it was when we purchased our E2O back in 2018

• Ex showroom price including GST 9.33L.
  • FAME subsidy 1.24L,
  • Registration fees and other charges 10k.
  • Road tax ZERO.
  • Insurance 31k
  • Total OTR price 7.68L

Ather’s pricing is also similar which is detailed in their website

Also note that as per the new FAME II regulations, one aadhar card will get a subsidy only once.

You paying 1.89 and taking 29k back from the Government (not sure if that’s possible also) or you paying 1.6 for the vehicle is the same. I don’t understand your “they are putting that also into their pocket” line of argument.

1 Like

Yes, we are talking about this only. We are paying 1.89 lacs + Insurance + Charger Installation Charges which comes around 2 lacs for the scooter which is 80k extra from Ather 450 and the only extra thing we got is warp mode.

Not sure what about this invoice :blush:, Ather is not transparent on its price and policies also

SmartSelect_20210210-075843_Office

Add images

@thavaa2008 please post in English so the rest of the non-Tamil speaking community can also read and respond to your post.

No subscription is mandatory. If you don’t want to use the connected features, you are able to still use the vehicle as-is. They are no charging you for sim alone, there is a cost to use cloud api, store your ride data, cost to use Google Maps api. All these cost money. But believe me, they are not going to become millionaires by charging all of us ₹2500 per year.

1 Like

In this invoice fame incentive is reflecting. I don’t see anything wrong in it.

Now to understand Ather 450X is directly not eligible for fame-2. So to give the benefit to customer what they are doing is they invoice the vehicle at less cost and then remaining amount is invoiced as a performance pack. It is legal and done by many manufacturer’s and customer is benefiting by doing so. You might have received one more invoice for performance pack. On top of fame subsidy if your state is giving any benefit for EV’s then that amount is also deducted.

So Ather cost is less in Delhi compared to Bangalore. Less in Bangalore compared to chennai or other city. Because each state has different EV policies.

Also if our Aadhaar card is already used to purchase a 2W EV then subsidy cannot be given unless we register with any other Aadhaar of your family. We have to pay entire money without subsidy in such cases.

Fame subsidy is given for one 4W & one 2W per Aadhaar (both non commercial).

They cannot cheat in invoicing and get away at least for their own sake of IT and Audit purposes. Not only Ather any company in that case. What we pay is what we are billed for.

Delhi price

2 Likes

Yes, when they are charging 1.9 lacs for vehicle not giving 2400 connectivity features wont make them billionaires

They have to give both Fame Discount to customer and connectivity features with out subscription for warranty period at least. Because they are claiming its smart and connected scooter.

Hope u have seen my Invoice, why Ather took 1.6 lacs from me and given invoice for 1.40. Why they gave another paper tellong 20K for warp mode. Where is remaining 9000 they got from.Fame discount

And do you know whats exshowroom price they showed for registration.

Thats why i mean its all cheating

Hello!

I would like to share my thoughts on Govt. Scheme on Fame II Subsidy.

I) As per the Scheme, it is the responsibility of the OEMs to submit the claim to the Ministry. We as a customer cannot do so. There are procedural guidelines issued by the Ministry on this matter.

II) Again as per the Scheme, to claim the subsidy, the ex-factory price of a two-wheeler has to be within the prescribed limits of Rs. 1.5L. I presume, Ather on purpose gives two invoices (one for the scooter at Rs. 1.4L and another for the performance pack) this is to pass on the subsidy benefits to its customers.

And I did some additions and subtractions based on the subsidy and the figures in my invoice and I don’t see any remaining figures bro… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I feel there is a misunderstanding of getting subsidy so I am trying to explain. This post is not by any chance asking to change anyones opinion and just only thinking that it may help someone or the other.

Please ignore if it is out of anyones strong opinion.

Let us assume there is no subsidy what we pay is 160942 plus GST.

Govt is giving 29000 on that as a subsidy so that money is subtracted on payable amount.

This same amount is what they get from government. Ultimately we are getting 29000 benefits given by government.

Now what is their ex-factory price & for how much they are selling is something which we need not bother because that is their business.

We should not see it as on how much they are getting 29000 it has to be seen as govt is giving 29000 and they are transferring the same benefit 29000 to customer.

1 Like

The calculation done in the post for which you replied is not considering GST I don’t know how