Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

Not yet it will be an OTA update at a later stage may be by mid Jan or Feb for series1 vehicles

Then our 450X is more like the test vehicles as of now… Many features aren’t actually available or not working as promised…

Ya more or less the same.

This is what I highlighted and expected from ather in one of my posts, vehicle deliveries and hardware related ok we can understand that Lockdown and things happened, but in the software front they could have done it better because it is not related to logistics and supply chain or manufacturing. But still they are not yet ready with it.

Hope they release the OTA’s at the earliest. Because now hardware is available but useless until software is released.

3 Likes

Curious to know… Apart from the Bluetooth features and the Series 1 design, what else do you feel is missing or not as promised?

I think the lockdown has affected companies on all fronts in terms of deliverables. Plus, very likely that the software development could get affected cause hardware wasnt available soon enough for compatability tests.

1 Like

AFAIK 450x is announce in Jan and during that time itself they know what to do and they already have a prototype ready because without prototype and testing I don’t think they announced 450x as at that time they had different timeline for deliveries. And software can be development should not have got effected due to lockdown. Because unlike manufacturing and supply chain that can be achieved by wfh.

As fat as testing extensively in vehicles. Lockdown is long back lifted so it can be tested. There is a delay in execution that is what we are saying and we are asking to keep up as soon as possible and try to avoid such delays in execution for future.

Meant to say the same as above. The software related features such as bluetooth, UI also about bugs in UI due to which UI is not working as expected (Maps and other stuff).

On a whole every thing is related software only which yes definitely they are going to fix and deliver but it is getting delayed due to which some of the features are useless for now.

2 Likes

Just for the records…The performance tyres and the translucent panels are missing too. We all know and understand the reasons behind them missing.

1 Like

I think even the Theft/Tow detection is Missing, Unless is hidden.

I think we expected this. The software on the 450 has had 2 years to mature and become stable and the 450X dash is a restart to this process and the early owners will always suffer. With every feature addition its a bit of restart in terms of software stability. In the long run @vkj123 it’ll all pay off bro.

That’s really unfair man. It’s not so simple. I’m sure you know how diff WFH is from actually sharing a work space. Everyone was new to it. But I’m dissapointed with the bluetooth . Other than that everything else is fine I think. As early adopters. The price you have to pay :person_shrugging: the dash stability never really affects the driveability. Just the user experience is affected. Maps crashing happens on the 450 even now. So look at it like this. The dash, as of now, the most immature software is almost as good as a 2 yr old matures software on the 450 and so the scooter will only get better with time. So now you’ll always have something to look forwards to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Reminds me of the shift from Windows Phone 7 to WP8. UX and UI are very similar cause the latter is a rework… but the OS and it’s capabilities have been switched out for something much better so as to maximize medium and long term potential. The example I quoted was too little too late cause of all the competition and being a late playing… but Ather is better off here… So am optimistic for the good stuff to keep coming🙂 but time will tell I guess.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

We all know that bugs are there true, but there is a catch here. As 450x is not built around Linux unlike 450, so expecting bug fixes is fair as some limitations can be avoided with this platform AFAIK. Correct me if I am wrong on this limitation stuff.

yes of course this is all some early adopters risk to face.

We are not trying to just point out the errors. We are trying to highlight what many customers expected and expecting Ather team to improve in that direction.

Maybe a little bit, but not a lot because their initial timelines are much earlier than what it was now. So yes a little delay due to wfh is expected but not this much delay is what my point.

Lockdown pushed vehicle manufacturing and deliveries by a quarter (3months) so they got same time extension for software also right.

We all know there are some execution delays from Ather, this is just an attempt to again highlight that so that they improve in that. This is not much like a complaint because we all know this is there in the vehicle before making payment itself. It is more like a suggestion or appeal for them to improve.

2 Likes

Moving to Bengaluru in a week. What’s the current waiting time from Pre-order to Delivery ? Want to leave behind the ICE days as soon as i move :smiley:

1 Like

so basically they launched an unfinished vehicle , they could have launched the vehicle with hardware working properly and send software updates through OTA, but still they decided to deliver the incomplete vehicle with hardware not fully utilized(Bluetooth). they could have tested everything before the launch and deliver the vehicle with all the hardware working .

3 Likes

Hey Abhishek, I have a situation where I would like to own /order Series 1 soon but collect it later (as I wouldn’t be in Bangalore anytime now). Basically, i need a delayed fulfillment. Can you help here? Sent a mail to your team - @info.

Same here. I have also sent a DM to Abishek regarding this.

I have pre ordered Ather 450X on January 8 so I think I am eligible for Series 1. In the forums some users taglines shows “eligible for Series 1” how come I am ineligible??. My tagline is still Pre-ordered Ather 450X

It is just a visual badge and is just visual as it has nothing affecting your series 1. Abhishek will be able to fix the badge here. But you should be S1 still.

Yes. Even I have a series 1 order but you can only see my pre-orderes Ather 450x. All that matters is what you see on your dashboard. Though having eligible for Series 1 badge would be cool.

Is cooling fan located in front below dashboard? And For cooling dashboard or headlight? Even not riding it I hear the fan noise. @abhishek.balaji

If you have the v1 450, there are 2 fans, if I’m not wrong:

1. Placed in front to cool the AC to DC converter when charging the vehicle.

2. Placed below the seat to cool the motor when you ride aggressively.

I think with v2 they removed the fan in front because the AC to DC converter was shifted to the charger, so you don’t hear a fan running on the vehicle when you charge. Assuming this is the same in the 450X too. But they might still have a fan in front to cool some electrical components while charging.

Other than the above scenarios, I don’t think the fan should be running.

1 Like

i have taken my series 1 today but the UI on the dashboard is normal to the one like others, so we shall get OTA or something

can some help me on this

1 Like