Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

Yes this purchase model is a very good option for those who want good battery performance all ways without any worries. At the same time it comes with a cost obviously because there should be a balance between upfront payment and subscription. I think Ather is delaying this model because of their plans to become profitable else market out there is so harsh they cannot afford to transfer the driving seat. When you see the series of fund raising done by them. Its is purely my opinion and may not be true.

For most people who are claiming N number of exemptions during ITR, this s very small addition. Get the interest certificate and put in ITR. :smiley:

I mean - dont take loan because u r getting tax exemption. It brings affordability like lease and subscription. But, also reduces the interest outgo.

1 Like

Someone has added in this thread. Please go through it and let me know. Probably you are Ather 450 owner. If yes can you please DM your number to discuss over ownership experience. Thank you.

I also get a reply from abhishek as well.

Found it

37:00 to 37:40 of the video answers your question.

3 Likes

Thanks! Wish we had a disappointed button for each posts just like the hearts!. Saves time! :wink:

2 Likes

@frozenprakash is planning to paint his, you can check with him if he can accommodate more :wink:

2 Likes

Probably you didn’t understand my question in the forum. I am talking about after 5 yrs when there might be no production of accessories of series 1 because they will produce till 31st March 2021.

In this video that is something different which is not my question.

Ather, like any other auto manufacturer, will stock sufficient spares for the panels. I don’t see a reason to be very concerned about it.

Moreover, we will have the gloss black panel as spare too. So one as backup on our side!

When Ather announced the battery subscription plan back in January, many people didn’t like this plan. But, I thought the battery subscription plan is the best for me because of the following reasons.

1. Lower upfront payment

2. Consistent battery performance

3. Also included data charge, OTA update

4. Exit Option

I think different people have their different preferences and choices and accordingly they will choose different plans. You should make ready every payment option what you told back in January. Let the customer choose which one is most suitable to them. I think many of us have planned for the subscription plan. Anything better than the battery subscription plan is welcome.

11 Likes

Ather teams heart lies with these panels more than us, they’ll definitely not run out of the stock

4 Likes

At 57:30 here, ather 450 and 450x batteries can be used to make smart UPS systems I feel as second life use for these batteries. It would be pretty good too because 70% of 2.4kwh and 2.7kwh is around 1.7 to 1.9 kwh which is very suitable for this purpose.

2 Likes

Though I am eligible for series 1, if I opt for other colours will I be given the price of 1lakh plus unlimited battery warranty on 2k per month Or now it been changed to only upfront payment… Please do reply… Thanks

To the best of my knowledge Battery subscription isn’t available for anyone at the moment, series 1 or not. You will have to wait for battery subscription tp become available to opt for that mode of payment. Since series 1 is available till March 2021, I believe battery subscription will be finalized before that so we can buy series 1 with battery subscription

Adding to the above, the ₹99,000 + battery lease model is in the works now. No news yet and it might not come when 450x payment window opens. So the only option is upfront purchase. You will get the Series 1 benefits of eligible, only if you purchase the 450x as opposed to 450+

1 Like

catch in replacing Ather after short span (resale) like a normal scooter is performance of battery going to ever degrade, and we (buyer as well) can’t overhaul but only replace.

See in video section of ather YouTube channel.

The video is posted here by Hemanth himself.

Dear @abhishek.balaji,

Do we need to update the Registration, at a later point if we change from translucent panels to the spare panels :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t think so. Moreover, transculescent panels are a totally new thing (both industry and RTO). So we good.

Maybe if it catches up as a trend, RTOs will have to update their record with transparency % option. :joy:

1 Like