🚀 Introducing Atherstack 5 (Gen 2 and Gen 3)

@melvin.wilson is this a general issue or something faulty with the bike i have !?

1 Like

this is how it works for everyone

1 Like

Well in that case it clears and confirms my doubt about Gen 2 owners NOT getting Cruise Control. The service centre guys also told me its going to be for 3.0 and above. :persevere:

i feel like Gen2 users would get it. it is a simple feature, should be easy to implement.

service guys are just guessing, most of them know very little about it.

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: . Lets wait n watch

2 Likes

Autohold has got more to do with the BMS and not the Motor, as mentioned by Tarun on “Ather Community Day '23”.

May be some added hardware as well which is not available on Gen2.

Also, a correction for you :

6 kW = 8.04 hp and 6.2 kW = 8.31 hp

Hope this helps.

It won’t move a huge amount of distance to the opposite direction…Only a way too far off 1-2 cms movement can be noted for every 2-3mins of Autohold in steep mountains .That’s not a problem you need to worry about…

2 Likes

Autohold on steep road for a longer time actiavtes dashboard fan, I don’t know why. Reasonable if the feature is controlled by some software processing; not by the motor itself :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

That’s because Autohold heats the motor.

The problem is, though the “Auto Hold” feature is implemented seamlessly, the problem lies in its functioning.

The motor applies constant torque (dynamically varies with the load {rider weight/ inclination angle} on the scooter), enough for the scooter not to fall back / go forward on inclined surfaces.

The inability to use this feature at 20% SoC or less is further testament on its high battery consumption and affect on the motor.

Please note : I’m not demoting the use of Auto Hold, but ain’t promoting it either.

1 Like

You couldn’t be more wrong.

Autohold consumes a lot of power.

The inability to use this feature at 20% SoC or less proves its high battery consumption and affect on the motor.

1 Like

Can’t understand your point…Why would Ather recommend such a feature then??..

Well, quite reasonable. But I am not sure WHY the dashboard fan starts running instead of the fan under the ride seat for cooling the motor.

1 Like

Map still not work navigation circle stay at same place

The dashboard fan is used only to cool the processor inside the dashboard,it turns on when the dashboard board exceeds certain temperature on exposure to sunlight .Even my dashboard fan is on during charging at night.

Yes, I also experience that sometimes during charging. But we are talking in the context of AutoHold

2 Likes

I think dashboard fan also gets activated while parking the scooter in sunlight??

2 Likes

They didn’t implement the auto hold on gen2 because they are introducing buyback on gen2 next year. Why waste development efforts on something that will be declared EOL next year?

1 Like