Installing the Ather Dot

I received dot yesterday and installed today

Punctual (Dot installed right on dot) and nice installation. Thanks, Ather.

1 Like

Hi, did you get any call? Mine is scheduled at 1:30 PM. I haven’t got any update on the Dashboard or Email.

Yes, I got a call 1.5 hours before scheduled installation. Installation was at 9.00am. No updation over email or on DB for me as well.

You too will get a call. Don’t worry.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Opted for self installation thought I have paid for Ather Installation.

Ather technician don’t have ladder to get the connection from 1st Floor as the house owner denied to take it from the meter. The house builder told it’s illegal to get connection directly from the meter and penalty will be applied by BESCOM. @abhishek.balaji clarify on the same.

So I paid 1800 for Ather Installation and due to cancellation of installation I’ll be getting refund of 1300. 500 is for technician visit.

By the way I paid 500 for Dot delivery :joy:

1 Like

The house builder is clueless. Any wiring after the meter is the owners responsibility, BESCOM doesn’t care whats behind the meter as long as they get paid every month.

1 Like

I tried convincing them. But it’s a useless conversation since the House owner wants to follow what Builder says.

So today or tomorrow we’re getting connection from 1st floor to ground floor with the electrician who has done everything at this building.

The builder told to pay what the electrician wants he will get you the connection from 1st floor. I doubt whether these guys want to make some money out of the situation.

But at the same time Ather technician should have cooperated to get the connection from 1st floor as I gave estimation of 20 meters while scheduling the installation. Though I understand it would be a bit mess.

@abhishek.balaji the Ather technician said it will cost INR 150 for every 5 min delay and he was urging me to confirm with owner where to fix. Do you guys charge for how much time technician spend during installation?

ather dot installed

The connection is always taken from the fuse/breaker connected to your meter, and not the meter directly.

Not sure, about this, will check with the team and get back.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji What is recommended on the power supply to the DOT is it better to switch off and turn on the DOT only while charging the Ather or Keep the DOT always powered on. What do you suggest. Is it better to leave the DOT always powered on ?

Dot installed at my home that is in Hassan…!!! Yes delivery is scheduled on Tuesday at last getting it… I am the first person to get Ather product in Hassan district…:pray:

5 Likes

Congrats

Checked this, and the I think there was some miscommunication here. The technician would have mentioned that there would be an extra charge of Rs. 150 per meter, beyond the 5m offered in the Standard Installation Charge.

No, it’s not a miscommunication. It was so clear when he mentioned time is running out, check with the houser owner ASAP where to install. Charges will applied on how much time we spends. Then he told to go for self installation as it was inconvenient to get connection from 1st floor. (Because house owner denied to take line from Meter)

In case of extra meter of the charging cable. I gave estimation of 20 meters when I got call for scheduling the DOT Installation considering the connection from 1st floor.

1 Like

It’s almost perfect what the electrician did all at the house. Out of blue, he asked me to enter inside (below the staircase) and guess what I found 20A sockets for all the floors to the left :face_with_monocle:. Even builder forgot the sockets exist at the ground floor.

He told you should have called me when Ather team visited.

6 meters of wire is what he got and flush finished the job.

No separate connection from 1st floor. No more ladder. No more messing around with clean installation.

3 Likes

I stay at a rented house, just a short distance from in law’s house, I was in a conundrum as to where I should get the DOT installed, so did not go for Ather team installation mode. Since, the owner of the house didn’t want the tiles to be drilled for putting this charger, I drilled this onto a wooden plank and hung that onto the window grill. A bit rudimentary but worked for my predicament. Only concern I had was what if steals the charger, I am not sure if they achieve anything from that but still that thought lingers on in my mind.

2 Likes

Yes, the same popped on my mind when the Electrician questioned me “What happens when somebody steals your Dot?”

I was like uuugh… “It would be useless for him because it charges only my scooter”

But, still I had that though surfing on my mind for a day.

1 Like

To be safe arrange to hang the plank inside the window (Other side of window) and draw cable out that will solve the theft issue.

1 Like

that thought did occur when i did the installation, but it would mean that I cannot close the window :slight_smile:

In case, I proceeded with that, I would need to remove the wire connecting the charger to the connector and then reconnect it, as the connector doesn’t quite fit through the window pane.