Installing the Ather Dot

Yeah for charging in rainy days maybe.

The shell does absolutely nothing to prevent water ingress. Simply look at the openings in it and imagine water hitting it from different directions.

The inner core is waterproof all by itself.

Well that is a news for me . As per ather Dot is supposed to be water-resistant and not the portable. I think Ather should clear some things out here

1 Like

The water resistance of the internal brick has been made amply clear here:

3 Likes

Cool. But is the internals of portable charger also the same?

The black unit pictured is the exact same in both the Dot and the Portable charger. The unpainted aluminum plate at the back is slightly different because of slightly different mounting requirements. That’s it.

And as you can see, there are two rubber grommets bolted to either side and a blue rubber gasket on the back sealing off the internals completely. Further, the internals are potted, providing further moisture and vibration resistance to the components inside. The entire case acts as a heat spreader and the tiny fan on top then tries to blow that heat away without the need for any ventilation holes.

3 Likes

This is how I charge my Ather. This avoids theft, rat biting of cable and mental relax

1 Like

My vehicle will be delivered probably on Monday. I have inverter in my house. Whether Dot can be plugged into socket which is through inverter or to be connected to a socket which is not through inverter.

1 Like

It depends on the capacity of the inverter. If it is 1KW or less, it is mostly not going to make it.

Its 1 KW capacity

No you shouldn’t. The Dot needs to be connected to a Heating / AEH point. If you connect to an inverter point then when the power goes and if that time your Ather is charging you Inverter will Fuse. So get the Ather Dot connected to a Heating / AEH Point.

3 Likes

I just got my vehicle delivered today will be setting up the dot charger over the weekend to work in tandem with my off grid solar inverter system, will post my experience of charging the ather with solar panels and inverters shortly. Standby for more updates from me.

6 Likes

Can’t download manual? Clink link shows error

1 Like

your query is valuable but extension will be reduce the effectiveness of the charging time

Ather energy ceo Tarun mehta recently told in an interview in future plan is fast charging 0 to 100% charge in 30 minutes we will work on that.

Through MCB or RCB the DOT is to be connected? Is it OK without MCB also. My electrician asking which type of MCB? Ather team Hubli told it is OK without MCB also. I am confused.

what is the price for external DOT ?

MCB is an additional and good safety measure to have and is not a requirement since ather already gives a tripping device (I suddenly forgot the name :roll_eyes: 🤦) along with dot or portable chargers buldled with them.

1 Like

This is the PRCD - Portable Residual Current Device

2 Likes

Display light is not getting ON in DOT but charging