Installed a seperate electricity meter

Installed a sub-meter in my parking space with the Dot charger.

8 Likes

I had thought of installing a separate meter for EV charging the day I bought my Ather. But was researching for best options. Recently I came across a product on Amazon (link below, not affiliated :sweat_smile:) to measure the energy consumption. It’s only been 3 days since I bought this and working fine till now. Shows all the necessary metrics like current, voltage, power, frequency and total power consumed since last reset. I like the reset option in this one. Every month I can reset the power consumed and start from 0, will be easier for logging. It’s fully digital and installation is easy as well. Normally I have my Ather dot inside my home also I carry it around in boot if I travel long distance, so i installed it on my extension box (if I install it on my wall socket, then I won’t get to know how much energy it consumed when I charge outside my home). I think this does not require any approval from local power suppliers.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B083WK828L/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_61YM9QRZE13WZV41DAA3

I bought the 20A version of this since that is enough for home charging on most of the EVs.

5 Likes

@gauravbhand - Can you please share the format for Undertaking on Rs 200 Stamp Paper. Also, I heard that EV meters have few concessions like at night 22-6 get a “-1.2” rupee discount per unit. Let me know about this too.

5 Likes

Unfortunately I have lost the format but you can get it in the MSEB office and write the format by hand there itself whenever you plan to submit the application.

PS: For now, I have suspended my meter connection as there is still chaos in PMC/PCMC MSEB office regarding unit rates for EV meter connection.

3 Likes

Ohh! So so charging vehicle from the residential meter? And how much avg bill you got for the EV separate meter?

2 Likes

This is it for a 4 KW sanctioned load with 7 Rs per unit rate

Currently charging from my residential meter and keeping a check that the total units doesn’t cross 300 per month

3 Likes

This is my log

7 Likes

I am planning to buy Ather in Pune. But i live in the rented house with Other people and share electricity bill monthly. What options do i have to get the electric bill of vehicle separately . Can i use above option in my case ?

Get your own sub-meter you can pay to them accordingly

2 Likes

Or buy this its easy to install before your charger. Just deduct the Kwh from this and pay.

4 Likes

Thank you will definitely check this out

2 Likes

Can you please share your spreadsheet with vijaytyco@gmail.com

1 Like

Please check your Email now

Could you pls share the spreadsheet with rockstar.blankite@slmail.me

5 Likes

Hi All

I have one doubt with reference to the APR-2023 monthly report: the units shown in the monthly reports differ from the static single phase meter installed in the garage.

Static single phase meter manual reading report for the month APR-2023 shows the total reading of 62.67 Units and total ride record of 1607 kms but in Ather APR-2023 Monthly report it shows 232 Units and total ride log of 1606 kms.

As per Ather report there is some error in private units calculation.

Thanks @abhishek.balaji

3 Likes

There have been issues with the electricity consumption nos provided by Ather since March 23. Many users are facing this issue including me

1 Like

A smart plug have done the job in Rs.900 to Rs.1000/-, i am using this image

3 Likes

Hello @gauravbhand these thread seems very helpful, may I know did you apply for the private charging station ? and is it in the society or you have an individual plot !

Hi any update? Are you using the seperate EV meter now? The government had planned to charge less per unit for the EV connection, did they implied it? Please update. Your post is helpful.

Hi @gauravbhand can you share the format used for “Undertaking of ownership and service charges (On Rs. 200 stamp paper)”. I couldn’t find anything specific to this format to be used. It will be great help for the community if the format is available for use/referece

1 Like