I got smoked by an NTorq 💨

Or rather to save yourself from the embarrassment later :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Safety first. All petty street drag wins last. There is life risk if the looser is short tempered or crazy to start a fight. I’ve seen stupid :horse:riders in such fights in 5yrs of ORR ride routine. So risk is at that level. Better to loose the drag instead of fights or life risks.

2 Likes

Hey can u give me ur contact no. or text me on pratheek_rayeli we have created a group for ather owners mysore,we are planning trips and finding solutions for issues

How poor are the owners who’s objective was to buy fastest bike in the market. Whereas,

Over the long run, Ather energy will be the clear winner always in any terms. Like,

1. cost saving in daily commute.
  2. low on maintenance.
  3. No emission
  4. life of the vehicle.

Personally, I have completed 15k kms of ride in my bike. Just imagine… I have never felt that I have taken wrong decision.

4 Likes

Well if drag racing was your goal of buying an ather then you got yourself a wrong scooter. You should have bought a 300cc Vespa. And racing on City roads is dangerous for you and other around you!

1 Like

Yes do agree higher speeds would be welcome,

1 Like

The whole idea behind writing this was to show the inconsistencies in the performance of the scooter. With every update there is something or the other affecting the performance in all modes. Not to forget the ‘request’ to increase the locked speed to atleast 100. The comparisons are done only because the company itself claims to be selling the fastest scooter on Indian roads, which I do agree to some extent. Many of us do love speed but we also don’t forget that with speed and power comes responsibility.

7 Likes

Hey I completely agree with u Many aren’t able to understand ur point

Hi Prateek, dont be disheartened. Those sprints are only for short distance, say 2 to 3 Km stretches. just to appease his Ego. Had he continued for few more kilometers, the same NTORQ would have penalised him, Because the NTORQ though a good powerful scooter among that category, is not supported by good oil(Egine oil & Gear Oil) to match the performance, if it is still maintained as per TVS guidelines. This rider is only showing-off his ego, just ignore him. With Ather you are in a different league. Noise Pollution, Air Pollution, Fossil Fuels etc are not in your dictionary. You are sparing the CLEAR AIR to the needy. Feel proud and continue to enjoy your life, responsibily.

6 Likes

A normal NTORQ can touch 97kmph, without any resistance. Not more than that. But riding it that speed, the mileage drops to around 32kmpl of fossil fuel. I have tested it. Once you are owing a Ather, economies of option takes precedence. In Ather or Ntorq or for that matter, any scooter, any speeds above 75kmph, will be a cause to compromise your safety, irrespective of any kind of roads, unless you are draped in special riding gear

2 Likes

I understand ather is such a great purchase ,it’s better as we aren’t polluting the environment and so on but as a customer we would love to ride at higher speeds on highways(110kmph) with special gear ofcourse

2 Likes

Your expectation to align with your peers on traffic is nothing wrong. But for the build and dimension of Ather certain safety concerns too need to be taken into consideration.

1 Like

Agreed. But again I would like to mention this post was to show the inconsistency in performance in relation to the expectations set by the company itself. Doing drags is not an everyday thing for many of us. But when you find an empty road ahead of you and own a powerful (theoretically at present) scooter, you do feel like touching 100-110. Ofcourse, its done with a riding gear. Like you mentioned NTorq can touch 97 and I have personally touched 99 on that thing since i owned 1 till last year, I think its fair to expect 100-110 from Ather after paying a premium amount. Not to forget the claims of being the fastest scooter by the company itself. No matter we do 10kmph or 100kmph, we are not spreading pollution either ways. :blush:

Let the Company clarify based on which benchmark they are claiming Ather to tbe fastest. Till then, enjoy the Ease of Operation, Economies of Operation and take pride in your contribution to the society.

2 Likes

According to acceleration ig

Ather is built for a city usage, and the warp mode is for short bursts of power while negotiating traffic. It wasn’t intended to be a high speed inter city vehicle.

And the website is pretty clear that top speed is 80kmph, so racing against a vehicle that has a higher top speed is of no use.

7 Likes

Has anyone tried for the 0-60 acceleration… Has anyone got the same speed as claimed by Ather while selling the 450X.

this is the right spirit, irrespective of which bike u ride. your existence comes first…

Agreed more than anything even though the motive of this post was something else. Cheers!

You should understand why there is a top speed lock to the 450x it’s not because Ather does not care about top speed on 450x but it’s because it will kill the battery much quicker and also for a city 2 wheeler it’s not at all needed.

You can expect higher top speed in new models which have higher batter capacity and which can be taken outside to travel longer ranges like 250 to 300km. 450x has speed limitations for good.

It’s the quickest Scooter out there in the market. Fastest matters only on race track and not in city roads :wink:

1 Like