I got smoked by an NTorq 💨

I put this to test last week. I rode it next to my i20 at 90kmph and yes there was a difference of 2-3 kmph. But even if that is the case. This guy on NTorque was flying. So even if i consider the speedo error, the fact this guy was easily able to outrun me doesn’t change. Rather proves the NTorque has greater top speeds.

Really we are not considering range as big one why ather considering this, at least in warp mode 45 to 50 kms is good range is sufficient enough the version 10.0.0 is the awesome version for performance we are smoked now

2 Likes

Range is definitely something we all EV folks consider the top most requirement. I would not count myself out of that bunch either. But when you call it the fastest then it has to be.

It’s like you buy a Hayabusa and its supposedly supposed to be the fastest bike (theoretically in those days) and your top speed is locked at 110 kmph and suddenly reality strikes its not when a KTM crosses at 120-130 kmph. Then why spend so much on a Busa and not less on KTM.

When you buy something expensive and its said to be the fastest, you never look at the amount of fuel it drinks. At least the Warp should be the “Kiss my Ather A$$” mode. I am sure many would agree. Range we can keep achieving in other modes.

7 Likes

Considering the stuff they’re doing with the updates, I wouldn’t be surprised if an activa zooms past me when I’m in ‘warp’ mode now.

3 Likes

I second that. Let’s hope they fix and lock the performance issues once and for all. But I still hope that the top speed will be increased someday if not in the near future. A much needed thing to make Ather stand out.

2 Likes

Maybe this has something to do with it too.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised either. It’s like riding an iPhone on 2 wheels that is controlled in the backend by the software chaps.

1 Like

Even when I took it for a day’s test ride in Delhi, I realised it’s a joke. All these acceleration numbers are good only if you have streets or narrow roads - delhi roads are a rider’s heaven. My vespa touches 110 easily, I could feel the lack of a decent top speed on Ather.

It felt more like a sprint racer than a marathoner - since the range takes a massive hit at continuous 90km/hr as well. That’s when I decided it’s not worth the switch yet, I would rather buy an aprilla or an ntorq within that price.

1 Like

Fortunately these guys have been really active and helpful whenever i have had issues. Today also i got a call from the service center guys for complaints i had raised. Hopefully they will look into the issues

As for top speed, i am just praying it happens. Atleast 100 kmph if not 110-120 :disappointed:. Hope @abhishek.balaji is forwarding our feedback to the team. I have had nothing but issues with it since i got it but I will admit they are very proactive in looking into and resolving issues.

ATHER PLEASE BLESS US WITH A GREATER TOP SPEED. Even a Vespa touches 110 kmph :joy:.

2 Likes

I had the same 8 lane experience with the Ntorq next to me. Like you even I tried to boast the warp. Warp was only helpful to get the initial launch but the Ntorq guy caught up and passed me. My speedometer showed 90kmph but I’m sure I was not on 90. I thought I might be having some issues but this scenario kept repeating on all the junctions. Finally out of embarrassment I gave up. Really wished if ather could reach 100kmph atleast.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be a bummer but still are there no traffic police or cctv’s in your roads. I am served two to three traffic violations in Mysore on my other ICE vehicle even when I crossed 50+. 100KM/hr within city limits is really danger guys. Another point here, you are not taking Ather just for competing with TOP notch ICE scooters, but it’s an effort to a greater good. Lessen your Carbon footprint. Less pollution Etc.

1 Like

Oh golly! I thought that happens only to me. I thought it would be silly to bring up on the forum :joy:

2 Likes

I respect your views. But then some of us do love to have some fun at top speeds too. We do have traffic police, camera etc. But when the company compares itself with other ICE scooters it becomes all the more tempting for people like us to test it out. Speaking of 100 km/h is for highways, and 8 lane roads like I mentioned. As for the carbon footprint and less pollution, I guess it wont change anything if the speed is raised by 10 or 20 kmph as its basically electric. So no pollution either ways.

3 Likes

This reminds me how I used to smoke even the KTMs on the street with my Avenger 220 in known roads / traffic behaviour at certain places, against KTMs / RE’s who were new to those roads. Cannot forget those moments, I used to be the fastest😎. Sill board to ITPL in 35m-40m.🤷😁 Early morning. A450x shud help me ride at safer speeds now. :grin::innocent:

1 Like

I will do the top speed once to display it’s torque only once, and give up, keeping the ntrq guy expecting to chase back forever :astonished::grin:. Exactly opposite to what the other guy expects. Hint him we are speeding up, but actually Slow down when he expects us to speed up etc.:rofl:

3 Likes

I do this and I am like, “GO GO, I AM DONE” (after winning my few meters of drag race). I purposely slow down with good heart lol xD xD

3 Likes

Or rather to save yourself from the embarrassment later :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Safety first. All petty street drag wins last. There is life risk if the looser is short tempered or crazy to start a fight. I’ve seen stupid :horse:riders in such fights in 5yrs of ORR ride routine. So risk is at that level. Better to loose the drag instead of fights or life risks.

2 Likes

Hey can u give me ur contact no. or text me on pratheek_rayeli we have created a group for ather owners mysore,we are planning trips and finding solutions for issues

How poor are the owners who’s objective was to buy fastest bike in the market. Whereas,

Over the long run, Ather energy will be the clear winner always in any terms. Like,

1. cost saving in daily commute.
  2. low on maintenance.
  3. No emission
  4. life of the vehicle.

Personally, I have completed 15k kms of ride in my bike. Just imagine… I have never felt that I have taken wrong decision.

4 Likes