HSRP number plate

There is no link with number plate but that shows they are aware of the permanant registration number. Because they take an undertaking from the people who opt for TR at the time of delivery that if we fail to permanently register within one month of delivery we will have to pay the subsidy amount to the Ather!

3 Likes

Did anyone try applying a couple of layers of clear coat to HSRP to prevent the erosion of number prints? Or would clear coat also dissolve the numbers?

I got the HSRP plate during first batches. I never encountered paint peeling. But, the thickness of the plate is very thin (when compared to old ones) and bends even for the slightest pressure.

Whenever I clean the vehicle every 2 weeks, I will adjust to make it straight.

2 Likes

After couple of letters were eroded, I took a cloth and wiped all letters clean. Then I just went to a local hardware shop and bought a small can of asian paints enamel paint and painted on the embossed letters myself. But clearcoat is agood idea. Best is to do it when the playes are new

1 Like

My only concern is whether the clear coat paint would dissolve the Number print. Will try applying it to a corner/border and test it once before applying to whole. @hemanth.anand I see you have used number plate frames. How much do they cost?

In one of the youtube videos on HSRP I remember the person mentioning the thickness of Original HSRP is 1mm and it wont break easily as compared to fake ones and even if it bends it can be restored to orignal shape. And he did complain about the quality of Number prints as he showed some got erased within an Year.

Clear coat won’t dissolve. But as you’ve written…tdsting does no harm.

₹150 for both the front and rear frame. The ones are not really HSRP (it wasn’t mandatory at that time) so plates aren’t riveted. So frame is easy to fix.

1 Like

Cool thanks for the price info. Had gone for the frame hunt in local market the price range was from 160-200. I could see noticable difference in quality in the price range. So gave up on buying it here. Visiting Bangalore for collecting HSRP tomorrow. Thinking of shopping in JC Road. Any particular shop you suggest?

1 Like