Home Charging

There is nothing to apologize Sir, Have a good day :slightly_smiling_face:

I had been facing this home pod turning RED from almost the first day of installing itself. It does not turn green for days on end sometimes, but recently the transformer near our house got replaced, now the situation has got better and is green more often than before, It is definitely voltage fluctuation issue.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ather One and Subscriptions

Home charging is red from morning. Customer care told it might be because of voltage fluctuation and wait for a day. Using this from 4 months and never had this problem.

Anyone faced this problem before ?

Hi Everyone… I don’t have covered parking at my place, so I need to keep the vehicle outside and charge it. Since the cable comes out from inside the home charger, its accessible for people walking on the road while the bike is kept for charging. Im little concerned if this will lead to unwanted attention and some mischievous behavior like forcefully pulling out cable etc. Can anyone share their experiences?

9 posts were split to a new topic: Solenoid not locking

Just wanted to ask ather folks whether that spacing between the charging port and the space given is normal and unequal or it is a flaw in my ather or many ather scooters

Ohh yes, even I wanted to ask this. I can see the ground from this gap !! Is it normal ?

Even if you have it then i guess it is normal i feel

@abhishek.balaji Is the calculation based on units consumed by Dot or the do you have a fixed unit for % of battery charged ?
I raised an issue where my auto cutoff is not working. It keeps charging even after 100%. Checked power consumption and confirmed that dot is still drawing power

It’s normal for the charging to continue after reaching 100%, since it does trickle charging. This has been answered here before:

Calculation of reimbursement is based on the units consumed.

1 Like

experiencing huge battery discharge. I Charged vehicle for 100% on Friday night. But today morning it was showing 65% with 37km in sport mode. Guess shutdown option is the only solution for me now.

Don’t shutdown frequently. There is an issue with the BMS - one fine day your bike will not turn on at all. It happened with me.

Where could I see the total power consumed for charging ?

1 Like

If you are a part of ather one plan you will get to know during the electricity charges reimbursement, otherwise there is no way of knowing the total units consumed as of now.

@rajeshkav How long does this 'Charging Done ’ notification come after reaching 100%. I noticed for around 20-30 min after 100% charge. Mine was still showing charging. Then I manually unplugged.

I do not have ‘exact’ number in hand. Roughly it may take any time between 20-30 min as it will be in trickle charging mode.

However as a user, one should not worry about this. Just let it charge or you may just unplug.

Another good point is that, always try to follow 20-80% rule if you do not need full capacity range.

2 Likes

Hey Rajesh, is it normal for the vehicle fan to be on till about 100% while charging?

I think Ather had sent an update which would stop the fan running once it reaches a ‘trickle charge’ state. Which I assume is at about 90%+ but my fan doesn’t turn off on it’s own till 100%.

But, if I turn the key on at about 91% and turn it off to charge, the fan doesn’t turn on till it finishes charging.

1 Like

It might be … depends on various factors (say PCB/Component temperature, environmental/ambient temperature etc). However long back Ather had released an OTA update on this but did not state what exactly 'unnecessary’

This might be a momentary turn off. I am sure fan will turn on again after a while if the conditions are same.

Suggest you to monitor fan when the battery is fully charged. It should not be ON.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time out to clarify.
Also, yes, the fan switches off when the battery level reaches 100%.

1 Like