Home Charging with 5 A or 15 A plug?

My ather 450x is set for delivery next week and I have opted to take up the portable charger over the dot charger. I have a dedicated parking lot in my building. Should I opt for a 5 Amp or 15 Amp charging socket to be installed at my parking?

you’ll need to have 15A socket. Pin for portable charger is 15A.

2 Likes

5amp is enough. I’m using it daily charging no issues.

1 Like

Any thing works, however as a best practice 15A socket is recommended keeping the safety and worst case scenarios in mind.

If 15A socket is not available then a 5A socket will do the job. As @wmayuresh said the portable charger comes with 15A plug by default but an adaptor for 5A socket is provided within the package so no need to worry.

Here is the picture of adaptor provided

2 Likes

Thank you very much @kumar.uppaluri2 @wmayuresh @kotteeswar25 !!

Interesting!! I didn’t get such adapter from Ather/ dealer in Pune.

:face_with_monocle: It should be there with in the slip-in bag which comes along with portable charger. I am wondering if it might be a miss in your case!

I mean this bag

1 Like

:slight_smile: checked again in that bag. seems missed. will check with dealer when I’ll visit next. Thanks for highlighting. @siddharthb1616, if you are anyway going to get wiring and switch done, go for 15A. won’t change costing much and you can use that point in future may be for charging your EV car :slight_smile: I have done this work from Meter/MCB to parking. Let me know if any help needed. Can share photos of work done at my place.

1 Like

You can get a socket having both 5 n 15A. I have installed this board and using portable charger

1 Like

should i use AH socket for charging? or even normal plug poer is enough? asking as i don’t want to stress my UPS which has 1.5 KV invertor

Given the capacity, your inverter might not be able to take the load on power outages. Rather do a direct line if possible.

1 Like