Here are My observations after riding my Ather for almost three months:
- Maps feature is unreliable. The dashboard resets after few minutes and I have to stop the vehicle and set the Destination again. I observed this pattern, when riding through Rumble Strips on the road.
- Maps sharing from App to Dashboard not working.
- We should be able to have offline maps of atleast 50kms radius, to avoid latency. I’ve encountered couple of instances, where I cross my desired destination, and take a U-Turn and comeback due to this latency.
- Battery draining. After recent OTA update, I see that battery is draining 10-15% everyday, when kept idle in parking lot.
- The range of the vehicle should be increased from 85kms to 120kms at the least. I’m seeing lot of companies claiming higher range with similar capacity batteries.
- Bluetooth should automatically connect to the phone. It is not user friendly to Always open app, connect Bluetooth and start the ride.
- Eagerly waiting for accessories such as TPMS and Bluetooth helmets.
- Plan to place the Chassis information at a convenient place, so that it can be traced easily during registration process.
- Dashboard improvements: a. It still shows TR number, even though I got my permanent registration number. b. It resets to default screen most of the Times, needs to be more reliable.