Help us make the Ather Grid experience better!

please increase it more so really necessary people can access grid and also this should includes grid at showroom also.

3 Likes

The payment is for DC charging alone or does it includes AC charging?

4 Likes

But i was promised 3 years of free charging by the Ather space with pro pack 450x gen 3.

3 Likes

Was that given in writing? AFAIK Ather hasn’t promised free charging like this. If you could link to a page advertising free charging that would be great.

3 Likes

It’s for using the Grid charger. I’ll update here after using the payment feature whether the payment due is triggered in app or on the scooter dashboard.

2 Likes

Yes but this was similar like Ather connect which was included for 3 yrs but app still shows expiring june this year . Asked about it in Ather space they told its commonly showing but i already have 3 years charging and connect features.

3 Likes

Why are you charging 1rs per min while you give only 3 to 4rs per unit extra only to the grid owners. In one hour gride use 3kw unit energy it means you are giving 30 to 35rs for that 1 hrs and taking 60rs plus gst for that is too much…

4 Likes

Any time lines for making the Hero Vida charging network accessible to Ather users and vice versa ?

6 Likes

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you’re saying. How do you already have 3 years of charging and Ather Connect?

2 Likes

Switching to a kWh-based charging system would be more advantageous for Ather users instead of a time-based one. Even though they claim to charge the scooter at a rate of 1.5 km/min, there are external factors like temperature and humidity that can affect the charging time.

Let’s consider the following scenarios: You arrive at an empty charging station in the morning with pleasant temperatures (28-33°C), low humidity, and a refreshing breeze. These ideal conditions allow the battery pack to charge quickly. If you plug in at 20%, it should take approximately 40-60 minutes to reach 80%, and the cost would be around 40-60 Rs while charging at the maximum speed of 3.3 kW.

However, if you arrive at noon during the summer with temperatures of 40°C, high humidity, and no breeze, the Ather BMS system may limit the grid charger to slow speed. Consequently, it may take longer to charge from 20% to 80%, but the electricity consumption will remain the same.

In the first scenario, the consumption would be 3-4 units for 3.3 kWh used for 40-60 minutes. In the second scenario, the consumption would be the same, around 3 kWh used for 60-80 minutes, and my guess for 20-80% (as DC charging amperage will keep on changing) would be 3-4 units. It should not go higher, but instead of paying Rs. 40-60, you will pay Rs. 60-80.

11 Likes

Unless Ather will give us a refund if the rate of charge is less than the promised 1.5 Km/min.

4 Likes

Because I’m in this dead zone :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

If you bought a ICE scooter, which advertised as 45km/l and you get 30km/l do you go the manufacturer and ask for refund of petrol?

6 Likes

No. Mileage is based on riding style. Charging rate is based on tech implementation by Ather especially if I am being charged based on time especially due to cut off due to optimized charging at 80%. Need to compare apples to apples

7 Likes

Comparing buying of 1.7 Lakh scooter from a reputed company to trading in stock market … seems a bit exaggerated comparison. We indian always do cost-benefit analysis before buying and suddenly finding that all your calculations were useless will really disappoint customers who bought in last few months.

6 Likes

hope you get the point now,

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji

Ather would maintain a good relationship with existing Ather 450X owners if they allow payment on basis of %battery charged. There have been times when the Grid charger takes a while to initialize… If the timer starts at the instant of connection. Ather will only milk the helpless and loyal Ather 450x owner. This would be a bashing reward for supporting startups and #makeinindia

6 Likes

People really need to stop comparing buying a scooter with stock market . Its not the same. People buy products seeing their benefits . As Ather is way pricier than the competition customers see value in free fast charging and other perks . I would suggest as the older gen Ather had already aprox 4 years of free charging its fair to the new customers atleast 2 years of fast charging and charge orlder gen scooters payment for charging thier scooters. This would be the only wise move.

Nb. Here in kollam ,kerala. We were promised fast charging and Ather connect features for 3 yrs if we take the pro pack. I confirmed this in our local whatsapp group too as they all were confirmed this by the Ather space .

Lets see what the company direction is .its just a matter of time

4 Likes

If you were promised then it’s not a deal breaker, I hope you kept the documentation as in the near future Ather is going to start charging and those documents will come in handy.

We here in the forum express our opinions and give out our experiences, as Ather has grown from 2000 units per year to 60000 units, community opinions matter to them. (Shh we were the ones who were constantly bugging them to start charging the grid). If you read through the forum there will be many instances of people taking too many benefits for getting free charging.

As I have said before GRID is for emergency use where sometime people are stuck with low charge and need a quick top up, Ather Should Start billing people for it. so there will be less crowd in the grids and the people who actually need a top-up can benefit.

7 Likes

Then this should be introduced in Tier 1 cities first.

I agree with some Ather owners that the new users should be able to use Ather Grid free for atleast one year.

We barely have 5 grids in my city and 3 of them are under maintenance. The nearest one is 3km away. We don’t fight for charging our ev’s. We wait. I don’t think there is a problem with fair play here.

First come first serve is how it works in my city. Also, if you start charging money for the Ather grids I am 90% sure the sale of scooters will fall (in my city).

There are not many Ather grid stations for us to charge when on a long commute. So this is a fail in my city.

3 Likes