Help to charge Ather during emergency

Friends If we know one others place,it would be helpful for us to charge scooter during emergency… what’s your opinion??

3 Likes

Hi @yoganada.chem, welcome to the Ather Forum! Its actually something I was thinking of too, but more on the lines we can do this on our respective City Whatsapp group.

What do you have in mind?

Definately sir,but how to know whatsapp group of athers owners ?? Is there any links to join please clarify…

1 Like

I think you can check for those thread under Community Thread for the respective cities.

4 Likes

If in case of battery :battery: empty simply try with computer UPS it costs around ₹-2500 for an emergency it will take 15 mins of charging by portable charger

it will not work for 15mins, mostly 3 mins if it’s a 700va, considering the ups has a 7a 12v battery that means for Ather to charge it will provide at 7*12=84wh to 84/58.8v = 1.42a which is only 2 % if charged from 0%

4 Likes

I would have been happy these UPS could charge my router for 2 hours, forget about EV. It fails after 30 mins of charging my router itself :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes you are correct but router consmes very low milliamps so it gets cutoff frequently try to charge the bike using portable charger UPS > Portable Charger > Ather Bike

Computer UPS output 220v every 15mins to reset power button in UPS to charge continuously charging the bike