Hazard lights - Reverse and 0% battery

Hazard lights should automatically on when using reverse mode. *only during reverse mode and if the battery is drained fully which will help during the need. Please vote if you feel this is needed.

237 Likes

Use vote option as I see there are many likes than votes even now

19 Likes

Please use vote option not like button :pray:

10 Likes

54 likes but 46 votes only. Please vote using vote button. Thank you

9 Likes

Ok for first part ( turning hazard light on reverse), but second one… hazard light when battery drained… why ? Battery is already drained, from where it will get power for hazard lights.

9 Likes

If you don’t know the power for headlights, display, brake lights are from secondary power source. Even if battery has 0% still these would work.

9 Likes

Good. I didnt know… Whats capacity of this secondary power source.

3 Likes

I dont think such is the case, It is the case for 4W EV. But Ather has single source of power

7 Likes

I meant reserve power in the battery.

11 Likes

This feature request is going bonkers. Hope Ather can apply this.

7 Likes

Even I think the same. The most voted feature :grimacing:

2 Likes

And also at the time of Emergency Braking as the behind one gets to know about inconvenience ahead and less chance of accident.

4 Likes

You really need to read up about the application of Hazard Lights, that’s not the use case of the same. Unless your scooter is stationary, you shouldn’t be using hazard lights, or the requested feature here - in case of reverse.

9 Likes

:upside_down_face: That is what the stop light in your scooter is for.

7 Likes

That’s not only use of hazard light. Hazard lights are also used when you are unable to keep up with the pace of traffic due to mechanical issue. They are only to be used when YOU are the hazard to other driver

5 Likes

A vehicle with mechanical issue, is an hazard already, and shouldn’t be driven. Time and again, its discussed about the use of hazard lights, but here’s another link on how you could get fined for incorrect use of hazard lights. Using Hazard Lights incorrectly: Rs. 500 fine say Cops!

2 Likes

@tarun The most voted and needed feature on Ather. Can you personally check if this is feasible and how fast it can be implemented. Thank you.

8 Likes

Yes its very useful , while going reverse and option to switch it on manually ,so that when are battery is critically low we cannot keep up with traffic ,so its much needed .

New Ather 450X variants which are being sold now with new Switch gear , has a separate Reverse switch, Upon Turning the Reverse Mode ON its turning on Hazard lights ON , waiting for this update in all the older scooters ,

8 Likes

@tarun This is so far most voted and needed feature. Hope you share a update on this. :handshake: