Green Initiatives

Sorry cant make it, not come back from my travel.

No probs. Anyone else planning on being there…? Am doing offering a quick ride from Koramangala to Nayana Auditorium and then from there to Indiranagar if anyone’s interested in joining either of them… :slightly_smiling_face:

am in tumkur heading there

please update me with changes or how long it will last

@arvind_nair hope you have my number…i pm u sine time back and I’ll ring you once am there

Hey man am here now. Tried calling you

Does anyone has recommendations for Solar PV installers in Bengaluru? Has anyone had a recent experience of installing either a net metered it standalone setup?

I am looking for one that would let me have zero dependence on the grid.

2 Likes

i have visited this place sometime back and it might interest you

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/charging-with-solar/1547?u=abhishek

i learnt that they work on different custom solar and energy solutions depending on the client requirement

1 Like

Zunroof is a company that comes recommended. Have a friend who recently installed their panels in Chennai.

1 Like

Hey Raghav, forgot to mention Solarify! Have heard good things abt them as well :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes
3 Likes

How Green are we for this Deepavali?

We have Zero Cracker policy in our home. Only ‘Deepa’, Pooja/home made sweets and nothing else.

Wish you all happy Deepavali.

10 Likes

Very good to hear. :slight_smile:

I too had that policy for many years… Now with kids and our parents (and in laws) together, no to crackers is like a emotional issue…

So kids burn limited crackers…

We educate them… Hoping they say No soon before us.

4 Likes

I planted some plants in my basement…

2 Likes

Hope you can inspire your kids and elders to go green.

In my case, it was other way around. This story is interesting. We lived abroad for two decades before returning to India in 2013. We lived in a country where crackers were banned totally. Somewhere in 2014, I had brought sparklers and flower pots thinking that my children will enjoy. However instead of getting smile on their face, I got good bashing from 13 yr and 7 yr old kids followed by a long lecture. Today too those crackers are in a box. We hardly go out to the streets on Deepavali days to avoid air pollution or prefer to go to village where there is absolute peace and silence.

9 Likes

My uncle came back from the US this year mostly to celebrate Deepavali with the family and light some fireworks. He was used to the tradition and was yearning to relive his old memories. He is usually picky about pollution in the city, but he forgot about all that on the day of the festival.

1 Like

May be that’s true too. Whoever goes abroad and stays there, they obey law of that country religiously. They follow traffic rules (red light, no honking etc), they don’t violate law, they wont litter etc. However when they land back in India(probably at the airport itself), they (say most) forget all these rules and even good practices too :slight_smile: That’s the irony.

4 Likes

I have lived most of my life outside India.
I can tell that I was compelled to break the laws…
My relatives here used to think that I am crazy to wear helmet even if it is just 1 block or religiously waiting the traffic light or using blinkers/ indicators before turning…

I even had a fight with my cousin for using a ‘single lane’.

First few months in this city was horrible for me…

So, not true in all the cases

2 Likes

Thats why I mentioned ‘most’.

Good to know. In my case, people have started to follow me in ‘some’ . I am happy if I see 1% change.

5 Likes

I am zero depend on Grid now. In my home with custom build solar system with Lithium ion battery pack. I can able to charge my 450 also with my system.

8 Likes

Superb! Could you share details of your build? Off-grid, Hybrid, grid-tie? And specs for your battery pack and charge controller.

My system is Hybrid system, Custom build 1.5 KW Inverter with MPPT charge controller can connect upto 2kw pannel and 3kw battery. As of now custom built 3KW lifepo battery pack for storage and 1KW solar pannel connected to the inverter my usage is now less. Inverter convert solar pannel DC into AC once battery charged upto 80% and cutts off the Grid while in sunshine.

6 Likes