Government asks Electric vehicle makers to halt two-wheeler launches

Finally some action is taken with respect to all the EV fire accident incidents that sadly took some lives too!

The Government today has asked electric two-wheeler manufacturers not to launch new vehicles till instances of fire are investigated. As per reports this was communicated to manufacturers at a meeting today called by MoRTH to discuss the rise in incidents of fire in electric two-wheelers.

A good and proactive step from the Government I would say. Rather than people further losing confidence in EVs it is better to halt for some days and let manufacturers find a solution.

Source:

But now the rumored Ather Long range model (if at all it was a reality) will have to wait.

6 Likes

I don’t know whether I should cry or see other brands, but the News article does say that the manufacturer who did not have an incident yet, be cautious, so Maybe? Maybe?

4 Likes

Either way Ather will take time for releasing upcoming models. Rumour says 1 model above 450X with longer range and another one below 450+ without connected features or touchscreen. Hopefully they do price it competitively.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I think now this Topic can be retracted.

2 Likes