Going on Vacation, How long will the battery at 100% SOC last if we shutdown a 450x?

I will be going on vacation, I intend to charge my Ather 450X to 100% SOC and then shutdown the vehicle. How long can the vehicle be kept under such condition before we have to charge it again?

@abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Depends on the weather condition…It’s not completely predictable like that!!!

1 Like

The vehicle will be in closed parking. And I don’t think the weather/temperature is going to vary to much this time of the year

2 Likes

i don’t have an exact number in mind, but it should be good for a month or two atleast!

3 Likes

Here is what I see in the vehicle manual

CAUTION Charge your scooter every 100 days. It’s a must, even if the scooter is in Shutdown Mode, to avoid permanent damage to the Battery pack.

So charging has to be done at least once in 3 months.

1 Like

wrong information, unlike lead acid batteries, lithium batteries are more forgiving in terms of storage and hence can be stored at 60 % of the charge for a prolonged period on shutdown. But still, Batteries are batteries, they should be maintained at 20~80% at all times.

PS: They are limiting warranty claims

1 Like

Ather Batter Protect covers this scenario:

1 Like

for those who have battery protection, yes. But gen 2 and gen 3 owners who did not buy/got the battery protection should stick to the manual.

1 Like

It’s mentioned as not to give partial acceleration in slopes…Then what does AutoHold do??..It holds the vehicle by giving some load to the motor. Ather things :slightly_smiling_face:…

4 Likes

No idea, initially i thought they put regen in full to activate the braking effect.

But now i think since this is permanent magentic motor, they are powering the coils to opposite polarity to lock into position.

I hope they give us some insights @atherteam

1 Like

if that’s the case shouldn’t you be able to move the scooter forward? because the motor is pulling a load? don’t think this is the case in this, if it was the previous gens like gen2 and lower would have also gotten the auto-hold.

2 Likes

Hmmm…Not yet clear, if partial acceleration can damage the motor, then autohold engaged with 2 persons on a hill can similarly damage the motor right?..And moreover the acceleration is killed when the motor is subjected to stress,whereas Autohold holds the vehicle till we need it…So AutoHold has greater neagtive impact than partial acceleration…

1 Like

The AutoHold feature is a complex system that involves sensors, controllers, and software that work together to detect slopes or inclines and engage the brakes to hold the scooter in place. Adding this feature to an older Ather 450X model would require the installation of new sensors and controllers, as well as changes to the software that controls the scooter’s braking system.

The AutoHold feature also engages the scooter’s braking system, not just the motor.

I think auto hold works by locking the motor so that the vehicle behaves as if the brakes are engaged.

2 Likes

Is the brakes in our scooter electronic or mechanical? it works even when the vehicle is shutdown.

The Ather 450X electric scooter uses a combined braking system that includes both electronic and mechanical components. The front brake of the scooter is a hydraulic disc brake, which is a mechanical braking system. The rear brake, on the other hand, is an electronic regenerative brake.

umm, Sir, you need to pull the scooter part by part, like me.

It’s not partial acceleration, that would make it move sometime, and it would be scary,

just mechanical no electronics.

please for the love of god, the motor is the generator for the regeneration of kinetic energy into electricity. not the left-hand brake. both brakes when pressed will do the regeneration. as the controller takes over.

PS: go through the Forum before posting false information. It has been widely discussed.

PPS: Mods need to move all the auto-hold related posts to the specific topic.

4 Likes

I apologize for the confusion :frowning:

3 Likes

afaik this is not true.

autohold simply uses the motor and pushes it against the incline. that is also the reason, you get the warning about Autohold being limited when the motor is hot or the battery is low (when u turn on Autohold in v5.3). you can observe this on Wings of Power as well. when the scooter is Autoholding, depending on the weight, the power in Wings increases and decreases since controller applies power to the motor. how it achieves that is probably by monitoring the wheel rotation. it sends just enough power to not let it roll back/forward.

i hope they publish more about Autohold on the blogs.

and the warning/disclaimer has been present since older generations as well. however, i dont think it really matters. if you use partial throttle to hold the scooter on inclines, the scooter just cuts off power and you roll back.

3 Likes