Getting below average range for my new ather 450x

I got a new ather 450x barely a week back and have issues related to range

I’m not getting the promised 85 km range on eco mode and have only achieved it 2-3 times

As you can see in once pic Efficiency is 120+ I don’t even know how is that possible , I was also going downhill for the most part I travelled 17ish km tonight and have burner 24 km of range in total , I used 80% eco and 20% ride mode and maybe a few seconds on sports mode

Is anyone else also facing similar issues?

7 Likes

The ride stats you’ve shared don’t look like an error as far as I can see. On the dashboard trip meter, will get that checked if it’s a known bug, but in any case, do report the 127.5 Wh/km as an issue through the app, so we’re able to check if it’s indeed an issue.

I’d suggest riding around for a bit longer to get used to the vehicle, especially in a single mode. That’ll give you a better idea of how your riding pattern affects range. Also, recommend reading this blog post for more insights on how your range is calculated and what you can do to improve the range you get.

https://blog.atherenergy.com/all-about-the-range-in-an-ev-in-flat-8-minutes-e31f815b64cd

6 Likes

sir do 450/450X carries regenerating brakes?if it does kindly guide us how to utilize that term

6 Likes

Here you go

4 Likes

Committed range of ECO mode not performed by Ather 450X

I mailed to Ather support regarding my scooter Eco Range issues. I shared screenshot of issues but no support provided till date.

If you have doubts please take the scooter and do performance check. This type of service support not aspected from customer support.

3 Likes

Hi! Check out this post and discussions regarding range in various modes.

2 Likes

I don’t know how you claim 100 KM in any mode. Either you making false statement or company gives me differently developed 450X scooter which is not able to give me even 75+ range in ECO mode.

4 Likes

Wasn’t @acorreya claiming he did 100km range, but the original poster of the post itself. Would suggest you read the post, and try a few of those tricks and you could get better range out of the scooter. A bunch of factors matter when it comes to how much range you get, so it won’t be the same for everyone.

2 Likes

I usually get 65 to 75 in sports mode 100 to 10%

2 Likes

I am doing a long run tomorrow. Let me see how far I can go from 100% single digits probably.

So this is it. Took a quick ride with @aajithms and @iamhibath today to cherai beach. Kept at around 35-45 kmph all the way. The speeds shown below are slower because we stopped for calls as well as stopped for locating a house for charging the other scooters.

Mine was run on a single charge and km covered equals as much charge% drained. This includes a few quick accelerations to avoid traffic as well as a 3 km test drive in warp mode (half my usual efficiency). The last run was a “stroll” with my kids in ride mode.

Rider wt= 73 kg (+30kg on tge one in Ride mode)

I have to stop with this and charge because I need to go long with my family over the evening.

4 Likes

@atherenergy today i started my journey with 99% back-up and surprisingly ijust got around 55km with left of 15% around and most of the ride in R" Mode only… Disappointed with the back-up.

6 Likes

Don’t use eco mode for more range. Use ride mode and drive it with constant speed

6 Likes

I would agree… It takes some time to get used to the EV bike and once u cross 1000kms…u will have enough skill to gradually open the throttle to maximize the range… RIDE mode is just enough to get even 85kms on a single charge and normal ride maintaining 45kms/hr speed

7 Likes

Hi Abhishek. I also have similar issue, I am getting 83km range (showing on dashboard) with full charge (99%) on my 450X Gen 3.

Is there a way to check what’s the problem (with battery/dashboard/OS)?

The vehicle would be in Ride mode change it to Eco mode…The vehicle by default will start in Ride mode so try changing to Eco mode and check the range…

1 Like

The range shown on your dash is not the actual possible range but actually the estimated range based on how you have been driving so far, so if you ride better it will show u more range eventually, but you can reset the Ather to get the stock values as it forgets ur riding pattern when you reset. So there is no change in range when it shows you less, its just more accurate based on ur riding pattern

It shows that in Eco mode. Ride & sport shows even lesser.

It has been 2 weeks since my purchase, my ride pattern is quite moderate, more than 85-90% of the time in Eco mode. How do we reset, would like to try out & see if that’s really the case.

1 Like

If I’m not wrong it’s : Press and hold ‘Rear Brake + Front Brake + Start Button’ - all together for Hard Reset

Also remember that, riding at the max speed of your ride mode will give you less range, for example , riding at 45 in ride or sport mode gives way more range then 45 in eco mode.

2 Likes

Absolutely :100:…You should change the modes according to your speeds even though the vehicle can go up to 52Kmph in Eco mode it will start straining the battery and more power will be consumed instead of you change to the following modes the power delivery will be smoothe and it’ll give more milleage than any other mode…

4 Likes