Feedback on Ather Forum

Even if you log in, do you need to be an owner to see these threads is what I’m asking,

I think that’s quite clear. And that’s now what I’m asking.

1 Like

No we no need be a owner to view the topics just a login is sufficient to view the locked categories. I think this is required to have a control over who is viewing replying on certain topics. It is just to keep a tab and not a restriction I guess.

Here are screen shots from an account newly created and not an owner.(not even pre booked)

2 Likes

Not only the maps but also the forum is very vintage. Extremely user unfriendly.

Just out of curiosity, could you please share some sample forums that look better? I remember Abhishek a while ago had asked the users to share some good forums from where the templates / ideas could be leveraged, so checking. Currently the forum uses Discourse, which is considered to be among the more well-known platforms…

2 Likes

Team BHP, XBHP

A post was merged into an existing topic: When can we expect new model of ather?

Check techenclave forums, powered by xenforo.

@abhishek.balaji what happened to the other emojis? only Heart and like is visible why remove them? :no_mouth:

5 Likes

To prevent hurt feelings from sarcastic LOLs.

Moderators meet regularly and discuss over topics related to the Forum where the general focus is on maintaining the quality of this community. After one such moderator meeting, it was decided to keep only 2 emojis instead of the earlier 5. The excessive usage of emojis was spoiling the Forum experience for members in general.

1 Like

Whoever came up with that Idea must be one of those people who is/are the buzzkill at a party. I know Forum is all in the company’s interest but giving 5 candies and then taking back 3 saying you will eat a lot, I mean that is why candy is made right?

Still, I liked the way it was abused or not, people like me loved it

3 Likes

There is still so many issues in the forum.

1 Like

I can’t send any post! they change it I think. I tell the truth to people then they block me!

1 Like

Pavan, you have been told multiple times to stop posting in random topics & categories. If you continue to violate the forum guidelines, your access to post content may be restricted or removed.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate on this? Just one line posts will not help anyone. What are the issues in the Forum that you are facing? If you have suggestions, please provide those too. As moderators we’ll try our best to improve it. Thanks for understanding!

2 Likes

Is there a problem with reacting heart on a post? Seem to be facing this since some days.

4 Likes

Something is definitely not right. Even I am not able to create new posts. Not able to figure out what’s going on.

2 Likes

Yes even I’m getting this error pop-up but the :heart: is getting added though. we’ll get this checked.

How did you create this post then? Can you tell me where all you’re unable to create posts? I mean which categories or topics.

2 Likes

Yeah the :heart: symbol is getting added but it will not be taken. After the :heart: is given reload the page and see it will not be taken.

This happens when we just want to give a like :+1: but the like :+1: doesn’t happen and :heart: symbol appears but that will also not be taken.

3 Likes

Sorry this is probably the funnest bug we’ve encountered here. I tried setting things to default but looks like the emoji that’s default doesn’t say something is wrong. That being said, we do have a platform update pending for the forum that would be done in the coming days, and hopefully this might get fixed with that. (Dont worry, they have a forum for the forum too, so I’m going and reporting this bug there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Also turns out there is an Unicode Consortium - Wikipedia that has ranked the following as the top 10 used emoji last year. Which ones should we add to the forum? You can pick upto 5

What are the top 5 emoji you want on the forum?
  • :joy:
  • :heart:
  • :rofl:
  • :+1:
  • :sob:
  • :pray:
  • :kissing_heart:
  • :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • :heart_eyes:
  • :blush:
0 voters
3 Likes