FAME Subsidy

Based on the information available currently what is the expected increase in FAME subsidy. Estimated price after revision? Can someone tell

2 Likes

Ather will come up with revised price detail on their website by end of March month.

Those who are getting payment link now are they getting the benefits if the delivery is in April??

1 Like

I am on the fence nowā€¦ have to do payment but in 2 minds due to possibility of price revision. Not sure what to do, may wait it out and get the vehicle in the next batch.

i was in that too. but decided to pay as the FAME 2 is Rs 10000 per kWh and Ather has 2.4 kWh. So assumed future subside would be Rs. 24000. Seeing not much of difference i decided to pay. Got the charger installed today. Now waiting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Ather.Team, @Shreyas If ather has usable capacity of 2.4kw , then does it mean the pack itself is of higher capacity. How is the capacity calculated, Is the battery cell discharged to 2.5v/cell like how sony/murata, samsung etc quote in their data sheet. If its discharged to something higher like 2.7 to 2.8v or even 3v+ , then canā€™t the subisdy be claimed on the cell spec capacity, rather then the usable capacity, this will result in more subsidy.

2 Likes

Maximum subsidy u may get 25kā€¦ there is chance to save 3k if I wait one month. If you going for lease then may not have any impactā€¦

3 Likes

FAME 2 subsidy for electric cars is only for cabs. Its not for private users like us. I think that is a good decision. Cabs are used daily more (200 to 300 KMs) than cars by normal people (25 to 35 KMs per day).

Despite these subsidies I donā€™t think EV prices will be down much. Only competition will drive down prices whether its cars or two-wheelers.

1 Like

More details on FAME 2 Subsidy. As expected, the subsidy will be 24k instead of 22k now.

Also, the note says the subsidy / Kwh will be revised from time to time based on the battery prices which should reflect in manufacturing cost.

As of now, Ather does not give breakup of the cost on how much battery takes in their ex-showroom price of 1.42 lakhs.

2 Likes

Just for the comparison of subsidy, Okinawa i-praise will get 29k subsidy on their ex-showroom price of 1.16 lac because itā€™s battery capacity is 2.9 Kwh.

I guess their on road price will be around 85k which is competitive, just 20 percent increase to ICE scooters.

I m not comparing the service, quality or performance. But, in a price sensitive country, it matters a lot in adoption among non enthusiasts.

2 Likes

@Shreyas Any update on clarification on the FAME subsidy?

1 Like

As per my information Okinawa showroom price is approc 1.37 lakh. 1.16 was after subsidy of 22k.

and is okinawa worth it?

see the comparison here

source here: https://auto.ndtv.com/compare-bikes/ather-450-1417-vs-okinawa-praise-1374

1 Like

Thatā€™s a different topic altogetherā€¦

Inspite of higher specifications in battery capacity and range I donā€™t expect the performance, service and overall experience to match Ather.

But, market will be there for all products. Thatā€™s why Alto sells so much in India :slight_smile: when the buyer know if they can increase the budget by 20 percent they will get better hatchbacks. Scooter market is so vast and every player will have their share.

Ather will lead in the quality and innovation, I hope and believe

2 Likes

They are comparing praise not i-praise. I praise have disc brakes on both wheels

Remember seeing an MCB switch on the praise in one of the youtube reviews. MCBā€¦ IN A BIKEā€¦

2 Likes

yes, i remember this too and its in the video where they were showing how to remove batteries to charge in the home.

1 Like

Electric bikes may get costlier under new FAME regime