FAME Subsidy

Has anyone claimed the 5000 RS subsidy provided by the maharashtra government. And kindly guide on how it is to be claimed

Hey Soham it comes with ex showroom price of scooter,they are 5k cheaper than other states,just check the ex showroom price on the website Ex 450+ ex- showroom mysore 1.26lac Ex -showroom nagpur 1.21lac

No it doesn’t. MH owners need to submit paperwork separately to the MH govt for processing the state subsidy.

@soham.shaikh - Check this thread for more Info. https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/rto-tax-and-subsidy-process-in-mumbai/13521/11?u=raghav.srinivasan

2 Likes

it is possible, just like he said battery pack upgrade which can be charged separately

But one must be willing to find the exact loophole and do accordingly

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Switching to an Ather scooter is now ₹14,500 more affordable!:

who exactly does are the “impacted owners”?

I bought my Ather on 28th April and am very happy with the scooter (except for dipping performance after recent OTA updates) and the govt does this ! jezz !! (I’m not saying this should not have been done. I’m just writing this because I was no need of a scooter urgently and bought it still and couldnt ride it because of lockdown anyway. If there was any intimation about this by the govt. I could have waited )

If Ather knew about this earlier, they would have stopped processing registration altogether so that every pending order is able to take advantage of the additional subsidy.

The heading clearly says

2 Likes

I just talked to Ather customer care and they said fame subsidy of 14,500 will not be passed on to customers who have already done full payment for vehicle because invoice is already raised. But instead they are offering free connect pro 1 year subscription

Meh.

No it is applicable even if ur invoice is done,ur registration must have not started thats it

Big loss for people bought before May 11. Me bought Ather by April 14th,:sob:

1 Like

Just check if your registration has started. If not you are eligible too.

Fame should have given subsidy who all bought EV in 2021.

1 Like

I have done invoicing of my bike on 6th may and got delivery on same day itself and my registration is complete on 2nd June. Loss of 14500. If i could have waited for 1 more month, i could have saved so much.

2 Likes

It entirely depends on the situation. What would be our reaction if the fame subsidy got reduced?. So it’s good to ignore the loss.

1 Like

You will get a complimentary connect pro at least, don’t worry. Just compare yourself with people who still drive ICE…you are saving so much more!!

2 Likes

For Ather 450 & 450x, different people have bought it at different prices because of changes in GST & FAME.

• FAME 2 2019 - Price cut by 5k
  • GST Reduction 2019 - Price cut by 9k
  • FAME 2 2021 - Price Cut by 14.5k

Every time, there were people who missed it by few days to few months. We can’t do much really :slight_smile:

But, Ather tried its best to pause the invoicing and even try redoing invoice wherever possible.

Personally, I paused my purchase by few weeks to get FAME 2 Subsidy. But, I missed the 9k price cut by 2 months. I was not in hurry at all. If I knew GST price cut was on the cards, would have waited. :smiley: But, I could show off the rare Ather 450 & Whee in Whitefield and Marathahalli roads :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Bangalore Showroom price Difference Before and after (New subsidy Added)

The word “existing” was not required, it will create confusion as if the existing loan terms are getting updated but only new loan terms are getting updated, the sentence could have been better, like The terms of the Loan, Lease, Insurance and Buyback will get updated soon.

1 Like

@swapniljain @tarun @abhishek.balaji @atherspace.bglr

Now that there is a price drop. Existing customers have paid really high price. As loyal customer do they any loyal points?

For instance: May be like one year free subscribtion & free accessories.

Loyal points for existing customers (on price drop)
  • Free 1 year Subscription.
  • Free accessories.
  • Free Subscription for 1 year & accessories.

0 voters

You do understand the price drop is due to additional GOVT subsidy and not Ather, right?

It’s not like they got extra reimbursement from the govt for vehicles sold earlier than 11th June.

11 Likes

This is already announced right?

I got my 450 in March 2019, soon after that, the Government reduced the GST and the next vehicles were 9k cheaper. I can’t ask Ather to refund that difference can I? If at all, we should ask the Government!

5 Likes