FAME Subsidy

Did you take a test ride and were you made aware of the price too? And what includes in there?

This statement surprised me to no end:

The website references it in every place where relevant, as seen in the image I shared above. Any more reference and they will need to airdrop screenshots of pricing sheet to people’s houses! :wink:

I sincerely hope you are aware that people have been using Ather scooters for over 2 years now and is NOT something that has just been launched. I can assure you it’s not like you accelerate and will end up travelling through time or anything. This performance pack does not - I repeat DOES NOT - make the scooter any more dangerous than other comparable scooters in the market (and any skidding you see would be along the lines of what you see with other scooters in most cases).

Which brings me to the next point: I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but I need to call out that there are a lot of nuances around Ather ownership that someone who recently bought it might not be fully aware of. So the best policy would be to spend some time reading through relevant posts on the Forum and familiarising oneself with things. The last thing that should happen is someone completely misreading the invoice, deciding that they have understood the complete truth, and only coming to the Forum to state what they now believe is the reality, than actually asking to understand if they are interpreting everything correctly. Hopefully, that’s not what is happening here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, you did. Ather cannot adjust the subsidy without your consent. Your sign on the subsidy form, you providing your Aadhar number for the same is all your Consent to that

Yes, you have. If you’ve booked a 450x, YOU’VE DEFINITELY ASKED for the performance pack. Only if you’ve booked the 450+, you’ve not asked for it.

10 Likes

I believe the name ‘Performance Pack’ was chosen to be in-line with market trend.

Otherwise, what they meant is: Wrap all features above 450 plus, give it a name, make it as optional. They could have named it as “Super Pack”, “Bonus Pack” or whatever. But, if customer is buying 450X (over 450+) knows that they paid the extra amount for extra features in 450X.

Yes, many customers might be surprised to hear the term ‘Performance Pack’. But, definitely they know they paid extra for (Bluetooth, Extra Performance, Extra Range).

2 Likes

Hey, Please have patience and take the invoice to your accountant and let him have quick check over the invoices u have received from Ather and show him the Ather website n all, let him get the clarity and for sure he will explain u in more detail.

A post was merged into an existing topic: RTO tax and Subsidy process in Mumbai

Even I haven’t got mine bought in Jan !! Has anyone got fame 2 subsidy??

A quick search would have got you this.

Please don’t create any kind of misunderstandings between you and the new comers to Ather family as well as the existing ones. (I agree, that I too thought the same way as u think that Ather is getting benefited from FAME but after a clear thorough research about FAME SUBSIDY I understood the details as it needs to be understood. )

Subsidy topic has a small confusion, Even if we explain to customers or the new owners might trigger a different response, But they lack at the time of purchase asking all the questions there and then when the invoices are received they feel frustrated. I’m not going to take any sides but have you seen ICE invoices? I felted cheated so many times, I own 3 ICE scooters 1 bike 1 a car, in all the invoices they charge all the stupid things like transport charge, Handling charges, washing charges and whatnot.

To be clear Ather has already clarified many times that " Consumer will not receive the FAME subsidy, It’s for the Manufacturer" and the prices on their website are true to be fair, crystal clear. Now about the invoicing into 2 different part yes as Hemanth has said they have to meet the criteria of Govt. which regulates how the FAME will be allocated if it doesn’t meet those then are you ready to spend 2.3lacs on a scooter? 1.89 lac for scooter + registration charges + road tax if any + insurance? So split invoicing is the idea they have come up with

1 Like

That’s some good news for future Ather owners. ₹15000 per kWh is a good subsidy amount from the Government

11 Likes

Aaaah… Bite me :frowning:

For some reason my Ather 450X now feels more expensive and even more not worth it.

Wouldn’t have been the case if I actually felt I was getting what I paid for.

2 Likes

From when this scheme is implemented ? May I get additional price drop if I book Today ?

1 Like

The gazette notification says this this comes in effect from the date of the publication. So any vehicle registered from 11th June onwards should be eligible for this new subsidy (₹43,500 for 450x)

5 Likes

This is really good news. For Delhi people, who’s already getting additional state subsidy, this makes the deal even more sweeter.

One - this makes adoption of EV more affordable for people, making the 450+ and 450x very close to the price of Ather 450… that’s good value for money.

Two - May be right time to bring extra battery power to compensate this price reduction. 20% extra battery will make the true range cross 100 km and real range cross 120 km easily.

I don’t think they can, even though the subsidy has increased the bar of the total cost of the vehicle still remains the same for the actual billing to receive the subsidy

There is a cap on subsidy at 40% of vehicle cost. I think 450x is already at that cap. So if somehow there is additional battery fixed(although unlikely), the subsidy will not increase.

Performance pack, now extra battery pack. Vehicle base Price remains same

Additionally increased fame 2 subsidy

Is it effective from the date of application for subsidy or date of registration of vehicle or date of invoicing or date of pre order ?

How it is ?? Give us a proper info on the same !!?

1 Like

Registration date is always the milestone that’s considered for such an eligibility. If anyone has got their vehicle registered on 10th June, they’ll unfortunately miss it by a day. Ather should be able to provide more details after some time. As with any regulations, announcement will happen first but operational delays on ground will be there. but good thing is these discounts/ subsidies will be applied retrospectively also.

1 Like