FAAQs EP 13 | Ather Halo and Halo bit

We picked out the most asked questions on the Ather Halo and Halo bit from the Ather Forum and got our expert Deepanjan to answer them.

Watch to know what our expert had to say to your questions!

If you have more questions for our experts to answer, let us know in the comments below! :zap:

9 Likes

Deliveries start in a few months, August month it is :melting_face:

3 Likes

3:42 thank god thats clarified

4 Likes

As of now.

Subtle way of pushing it. Again.

5 Likes

few months ok pls deliver it to my great-grandchildren if am not there :skull:

joke aside

1. Can we expect an pinlock for the visor? I would love to add an anifog visor

2. Also any clue on the replacement cost for the visors

3. If anything ware to happen to the battery and the charging unit can we replace it too ? (After the warrenty is over )

4. As most mid to high end helmets now days come with optical correct visor can we expect both helmets to come with optically correct vision .

6 Likes

I’m still confused, is Halo bit just the module or the full package with half-faced helmet?

2 Likes

It’s full package with half faced helmet

2 Likes

but, in the intro part he mentions Halo as the full face helmet and halo bit as the module which attaches to the Ather half face helmets.

2 Likes

Did they change that now am not sure in their community event I did asked them they said it will come with their helmet unless they changed it now

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well, in that case how is Halo bit ISI and DOT compliant as stated in the video?

2 Likes

Yeah that actually didn’t make sense for me either. But I am just guessing they are gonna just give out the new helmets for the deliveries instead of the white ones that they give now.

2 Likes

Might be the newer half face helmet and the bit together. Might be the different half face helmet that you can additionally as an accessory instead of the white free one.

2 Likes

Halo bit is just the device not with the helmet.helmet purchase is optional. I think we might see few tweaks in halo as well I gues.

2 Likes

I think currently they’ll sell it with helmet. Later on the people who only got the newer helmet might attach the module if they want.

I think module will be sold later seperately.

1 Like

Halo bit is just a Module, there will be no helmet given with it. Helmet has to be purchased separately.

3 Likes

yes, it is written on website too. and the new helmets will only support bit, any other helmets will not support it

3 Likes

Waiting for my helmet :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Even I also :sweat_smile: But I think I will get this for My Birthday :birthday:

November 3rd Week 2024 :sweat_smile: Because They’re not telling Exact Delivery Date :date:

Even Recent Video They didn’t mention a Month :neutral_face::face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Some of the questions off the top of my head, which are very important but remained unanswered:

1. Are the visors replaceable? Especially considering the proprietary ratcheting/hinge mechanism.

2. If replaceable, any chances for a tinted visor replacement? It will be highly appreciated, considering you accomodate spectacles users with the padding but we can never enjoy sunglasses :cry:

3. In case of an accident, helmets are generally not advised to be reused. Is it possible to move the electronics from a damaged shell to another? It is a very basic but necessary requirement for a smart helmet.

4. What about having buttons on the helmet for playback switching? If these are absent, I hope the Bluetooth pairing process is made better with the scooter cuz I’m having big issues with the current app.

5. Colour options? We were provided two choices during ACD’24 but only one of the colour has been advertised.

Point 3 is important. You can’t just say the electronics and shell have “impact-grade protection” – these shells are meant to be used and thrown after accidents. The electronics are useless without the shell, and you’re either creating e-waste or risking riders.

5 Likes