Documents and Links

Hello Ather Community Hope you are all fine this Monday morning.

1- In terms of documents and links shared is there a way to have these permanently accessible as a separate category and statewise ?

2- Is it possible that when these documents and links are categorized separately and shared statewise they are delineated For instance, everything relating to subsidies, FAME II as one folder. Another one for all RTO related documentation. A different folder for INSURANCE claims. Different folder for rollouts concerning UPDATES etc Another one for Ather videos etc

3- for all inter-state travel any documentation / permits / approvals can this also be made available in a folder under documentation and links?

4- Most importantly can someone in the IT team / community allow all forum users to get back to the forum without having to log off ? Particularly whilst accessing these documents and links ?

5- finally can this category also have a general GDPR form so that all privacy rights are protected ?

Your thoughts and support on this suggestion are appreciated so that information is easily accessible to both new buyers / forum and experienced / alike.

Thank you :relaxed: Cheryl

7 Likes

:grin: Good points.

1 Like

Thank you@marghoob.hasan :slightly_smiling_face::smile:

2 Likes

are you talking about categories based on the context of the post? if yes, this already exists

Screenshot

I think there’s very little documentation shared here anyway. It is mostly just owners discussing bugs and features. And if someone is looking for something specific, they search.

Are you sure the issue isn’t on your end? I have no problem getting back to the forum without having to log off. I stay logged in all the time.

1. Not just for the forum, we need this for the scooter too, since it is connected to the internet 24x7 and all location and sensor data is constantly logged.

@ibbi thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

are you talking about categories based on the context of the post? if yes, this already exists

Ibrahim my suggestion refers to setting up of a folder titled documents and having sub-folders delineated under documents as suggested under 2- 3-

Therefore, all Ather Owners (statewise) will have access and permanence with respect to mandatory documents. This particularly so because so many of us have faced unbridled arrogance from showrooms (statewise).

For instance, everything relating to subsidies, FAME II as one folder. Another one for all RTO related documentation. A different folder for INSURANCE claims. Different folder for rollouts concerning UPDATES etc Another one for Ather videos etc

The above instance should be facilitated for all States across India.

Your confirmation on the lack of documentation availability is appreciated @ibbi

a) As far as I am aware 1- does not exist and hence 2-3- do not exist in a separate sub folder. It shouldn’t be a case of searching and/ or stumbling for something.

b) There should be accessibility to the documents and links as stated under 2-3-permanently for everyone especially those that are new.

c) And the experienced can showcase their experience by adding in their expertise via their documents and links (across the different States). Please include Mumbai as Abhisheks documents relate to Mumbai. Please also include the rest of India.

d) Given that I stumbled on a post wherein Abhishek posted the documents for subsidies and FAME II - it is not under any folder. This does not exist. In my humble opinion knowledge should be made accessible and where there is a gap on the forum, this should be corrected without any offense taken (particularly those who know it all in terms of being experienced)

Hope my suggestion is taken on board with a progressive mind set that will benefit both new users and give a tremendous platform for the experienced to showcase their knowledge like yourself @ibbi and other owners / Ather Board.

e) this point 3- as highlighted below is not available anywhere as the folder documents does not exist as yet and hopefully 1- will be implemented to facilitate 2-3-

3- for all inter-state travel any documentation / permits / approvals can this also be made available in a folder under documentation and links?

f) sorry but I couldn’t find this GDPR anywhere and it would be useful to have this added to 1-2-3-

5- finally can this category also have a general GDPR form so that all privacy rights are protected ?

g) with reference to 4- if I click on any link I am forced to log out and then log back in. I will send you screenshots.

Thanks @ibbi

PS

The internal links (allows one to get back)

The external links (does not allow one to get back)

1 Like

A project manager spotted!

2 Likes

Thank you @Sevenwitht for taking the time to read and comment.

So the idea was to get a state wise listing of documents under which the following sub-folders should be facilitated -:

2- documents

1. i subsidies and FAME II
    1. ii RTO
    1. iii INSURANCE companies / claims
    1. iv UPDATES
    1. v PRICES of PARTs (this was rendered by an Ather Owner @Devi and tbh was glad that I stumbled on this)

3- Interstate travel

• Those who have travelled interstate can easily help the Ather IT team here.

• The Ather Board themselves would be connected with the various State Governments and can facilitate this with respect to the paperwork required.

• It would also be of great interest to those of us involved in NGO work to travel interstate and raise money for charity.

The purpose of 2- v) is to ensure that everyone is aware of

-*what the parts cost (state wise) and

-* roughly what is due in each 5k kms service

-* service centers should be listed w/ addresses

-* service center numbers listed

-* service center hierarchy if any, published

-* parts (where are these sourced from) because this has a direct bearing on insurance claims if manufactured cheaply and is the cause of fire / death.

-* service center emergency number published

The purpose of 2- iii) is to ensure that whilst dealing with claims owners are not given the run around. And therefore

• â‚ą- everyone should know before hand the numbers to call.

• â‚ą- the hierarchy should be published with each insurance company (names and numbers).

• â‚ą- the addresses of the insurance company and their corporate governance policy should be published for all to see. Because whilst collecting 11k per customer (Mumbai) there was no hesitation in accepting. Likewise there should be no hesitation now to publish the respective company names, hierarchy and numbers.

Notes on 2-iii) …

• -â‚ąâ‚ą It cannot be a case of “cannot give” this number and that number and one is has to jump through hoops for basics during after sales particularly with insurance.

** Arrogance and connections really should not come to play here. ** Instead the insurance companies should take delight in assisting the best EV bike - Ather Made in India. ** It should be a matter of pride to assist and not the same old bureaucracy (network/ connections/).

• -â‚ąâ‚ą It cannot be a case of “why do you need this” by any showroom (regardless of State) because when making payments (cash/ Cheque/ loan/ online/ any other mode) prior to taking delivery I’m sure no owner said to the showroom manager / staff “why do you need this”.

Ather can be the best EV and take over any/ all competition if they could possibly consider accountability by all stakeholders / shareholders

• 1- showrooms
  • 2- service centers
  • 3- insurance companies
  • 4- manufacture of parts

Preferably if they control 4- :100: %

And ensure accountability by 1-2-3 :100: %

This would make their corporate governance policy outstanding not just in India :india: but Worldwide.

They would invite @tarun Sir to present his company both at home and abroad.

Thanks @Sevenwitht

1 Like

hi, thanks for the reply and reiterating everything. i do understand your point. i hope the responsible team comes across this thread and takes action. it’ll definitely help everyone.

however, i’ve always thought it would’ve been better to have a forum outside of direct Ather control. there have been instances where links to old threads suddenly return 404 and posts get deleted, presumably because someone in Ather doesn’t want everyone to know about it. it could be something controversial, software workarounds, hardware repairs etc. a subreddit or a Discord server would probably be a better place.

about the app, swiping from the left edge would work for external website. or else, you can long press on links and open them in Safari.

1 Like

Para 1 @ibbi Thanks @ibbi for your words of support. They are much appreciated.

This basic availability in terms of documentation is the crux of the sale (both prior and post sale). This is highlighted quite simply and succinctly in my reply to @Sevenwitht

• these are standard documents as well as mandatory documents that are needed by everyone ie all Ather Owners (without prejudice).

• It shouldn’t be a case of anyone withholding information from any Ather owner as everyone is an equal stakeholder regardless if they own an SLK and an Ather or just an Ather and a Lincoln or an Ather.

• No showroom and / or insurance company and / or service center should be allowed to give any Ather Owner the run around.

(All above points reflect state wide and region wide support within the State)

Para 2 @ibbi Your words of support gratefully received in Para 1

Your words of caution in Para 2 I’m not sure I understand and sorry about this.

But from my very sparse and please forgive me for my limited knowledge;

• Ather is a company that has been established for the general public. The idea was successfully implemented on account of crowd funding.

• And hence it is in their Corporate Governance interest to protect the rights of all owners by ensuring that the basics are provided.

• The overall cost of ownership will be reduced for Ather and their Owners, all of us; once the hierarchy and secrecy in terms of arrogance displayed by the showrooms and the insurance companies is stopped.

• Equally any flaws highlighted if suppressed by Ather / the showroom / service center is really unhealthy behavior.

• It is really very easy for Ather to stay in the lead if they have a culture of accountability set up with the showrooms / service centers / insurance companies as opposed to a hierarchy.

• Hierarchy at the showrooms / service centers / insurance companies allows for nauseating arrogance. If they (showrooms / service centers / insurance companies) can refer to Sir Ratan Tata who in spite of being blessed with billions has zero arrogance

@ibbi I’m not sure how to show you what is happening - maybe over google meet I can show you that when I click on the forum logo - it just won’t allow me access back in.

If you are okay from your busy schedule to see this virtually - it would be fine with me. Kindly let me know.

Thank you so much @ibbi

PS I just saw the video tutorial :smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::grinning: thank you. Yes I can open link. But the point was that the IT team should allow one to get back in if they choose to stay on in the forum itself.

In case you are okay to see this virtually I would gratefully oblige @ibbi

This got me thinking - and if prior posts get deleted then it is very unhealthy behavior and quite unethical.

That said isn’t the Ather Board getting the moderators and admins selected from the general Ather Owners ?

So based on your words of cation, and; if the Ather Board has done this would it be fair to assume that even the moderator (s) / admin (s) know?

Why would anyone engage in this behavior as it impacts the families of all Ather Owners.

I hope this isn’t true :pleading_face: deleting posts etc and rendering Ather Owners and their respective families as being irrelevant.

In fact ideas / suggestions / flaws shared should be celebrated and implemented.

Thank you again @ibbi

Hi I just visited my post and saw that it has been marked as <<SOLUTION>>

The suggestion has never been implemented and I’m not sure who has marked this as having been resolved.

As I have mentioned several times on here that my time is not my own ; doing this really means that when a suggestion is not implemented and ticked off as if it has been - then it is a slight of hand totally.

Will be reporting this to Ather and Tarun Sir. Fed up with the fact that my other posts have been made to disappear.