DIY - Adding Accent lighting to Translucent Panels

We can use an esp01 module to do this.

1 Like

Yup! Esp!. The lights can be controlled via bluetooth can can have our control! I am just thinking if solar module which can power up. I am not interested in only battery powered. As the time goes we will be lazy to not charge the battery!

You just need 5V ARGB led strips and a controller of it, everything can run on a 5v power bank

If you are really into electronics, then and do not mind the warranty, then you can take a 9v line which is available from taillights connect a step down to 5v, and add 2 sets of controllers to Arduino controller with WI-FI module, you will need to write coding and can write the exact codes to which you have shown in your video.

Also if you add them you can add the left and right flashing code when turn signals are engaged with an orange colour, and red colour when you apply the brakes, it will be so cool, and RGB effects when the scooter is running

8 Likes

A small controller like this could do the job. https://www.winterlights.in

5 Likes

Here is the Link for basic A-RGB light control via Arduino Board

7 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Upgrading your Ather 450 to 4G LTE

16 Likes

Is it outside the panel?

7 Likes

Seems to be the case. You can see the wire at the top left and the battery pack sitting on the rear seat.

1 Like

This is the strip I have bought, Now searching for panels, @abhishek.balaji will you help me out?

3 Likes

Even I am waiting for mine. The research on the DIY panels had begun. Just need to explore the lights which one to get and how to do it ( pretty bad at craft work) and don’t want to void warranty. Decathlon light seems good but just need to check it out in person. I spoke to the City manager on 29th September,he told the order had been placed on the same day for 10 sets and he’ll update once they get it. Still waiting for that. I am in habit of waiting now so no rush :joy:. CS and the team’s response time is sluggish.

2 Likes

Are these 5v? Run from power bank? Remote control? Send link…

5 Likes

I bought from Richie street here in Mount Road Chennai, any Addressable LED controllers will work I’m trying to write a program on a audrino but already burned 1 board and couldn’t find time to write again

2 Likes

Better to do it on an esp board, right? WiFi, BT, phone control?

1 Like

No time, getting the basics up it’s extremely tedious and with work timing, finding it hard to repeat it. But if I repeat and be successful then I’ll consider wifi or BT

3 Likes

Share program algorithm or logic u r planning. Maybe someone could replicate the codes in their own ways

2 Likes

I’m getting the old tail light altered, will soon post a video.

2 Likes

Which library r u using? FastLed or NeoPixel ?

3 Likes

Trying to use both the Libraries Neopixel for standby rainbow effect and FastLed for input signals from Ather like Taillight and turn function, something like those BMW cars has also need to create white led when reverse is engaged. using 144led per meter, Well the tail light housing can accumulate almost 12 per turn signal, that is 24 pixels and tail light around 48 of them, but the programing has confused the hell out of me

4 Likes

I would suggest using only one library. It will be easier. And FastLed Also has rainbow :rainbow: effects.

Have u tried Espixel stick or wled?

3 Likes