Discussions on Vehicle and App OTAs

Paid connect pro before vehicle delivery but app synchronisation not working. Paid for features that are not available to use. @abhishek.balaji

4 Likes
  1. Since 450x has control over charger cut off on full charge, a time schedule feature can be included in app to start and stop charging from respective time.

2. Can use bluetooth or wifi to pair with vehicle to app connectivity without sim data network connection.

3. Since a speaker is present in dashboard for sounds of park assist, boot start-up and indicators,a feature can be used to change the volume and ringtone of it in app or vehicle.

4. Since 450x powered by android, play store can be used to install apps like tablet.

5. Shutdown feature available in app for convenience without reaching the vehicle.

6. Keyless entry remote key via bluetooth with paired phone to vehicle can be used to ride without physical key.

7. When both the brakes applied for emergency stop, both the left and right indicators can be used as warning hazard light.

8. Real time efficiency graphics can be improved for more visibility covering half of dashboard to improve riding efficiency.

9. Charge remaining time in app can be used to calculate the charging schedule when the vehicle in idle parked for few days.

10. Option to change modes in app to check and plan our ride with respective to modes.

5 Likes

4 would be awesome, but I don’t think RTO would let ather pass with play store in dashboard, even with all security measures.

2 Likes

You already answered your question. If has cut off at 100%. You can’t disconnect it whenever you want. Scheduled charging won’t work. You should look for a smart plug.

Using BT to sync stats is possible but will lack connectivity from anywhere. Also opening the wifi will introduce lots of vulnerabilities which despite of being possible, Ather won’t do.

Ring tone, Seriously? There are some standards of road. They have to stick to that! Ability to tune volume levels is possible and a useful feature to have. I also feel my indicator sound is too loud.

If anything is powered by Android it doesn’t mean you can have Play Store on that. They’re using Android because of simplicity in handling stuffs. It’s worth mentioning that running Google apps requires Google Play Services support which is not there in the dashboard unlike a tablet. We seriously need to understand it’s a dashboard made for performing specific task not a Android Tablet!

Remote shutdown is not a good idea anyday. Imagine what if someone gets access to your app?

Not updated with the kind of tech which is used for this. If possible by software then it’ll be a great addition to have.

Ather has ignored Hazard Light request since ages!

Not sure if you’ve a better design in mind but designers never ignore symmetry. Showing Efficiency in half screen and ignoring the other half is not a good idea.

Much needed :disappointed: I thought it’s a bug in app for 450x users as app hasn’t been friendly with us till now. Would be useful to check range in all modes through app. Will be easy to implement too!

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Export riding data to csv

5 posts were split to a new topic: Show carbon offsets of Ather usage

Updated my android application. Now name is showing as 450x but colour is not showing as mentioned. And the bugs for going through the posts a d top menu banner not fixed still exist.

3 Likes

I can’t see any detailed changelog of app update anywhere. It is one of the basic thing which Dev’s follow whenever a new update is pushed.

Do you guys maintain the changelog anywhere which I’m not able to find, or it is being ignored since ages and nobody is pointing it out?

The changelog in play store is not at all relevant. It is same as the previous update and even this version of app doesn’t include those changes.

I can’t even see the option to share ride stats which is being packed in changelog since last 2 months.

I’ve checked with other 450x owners and they’re also on the same page. In this update I can’t see anything changed other than vehicle name “My 450” now shows “My 450x” Scooter colour which was mentioned is not there.

Beta program on Play Store seems dead too.

I’m not at all sorry to say this, even the basics of the software updates is not correct.

Please stop the continuous series of disappointment :pensive:

12 Likes

Perfect gif bro I am on the same page. Cnnot keep on supporting even though there is no support from their end.

Like atleast deliver what is said just before release of update. Without even testing they are realising it seems. If we report again they will work for (X times couple of weeks) and get back to us.

3 Likes

When I click vehicle ota updates in setting the app crashes. What was previous app version?

2 Likes

Device: OnePlus 8 Pro

Build: Oxygen 11.0.2.2

App crashing after the new update. Cache cleared app uninstalled and reinstalled still it crashes.

5 Likes

But I am able to see the scooter color change after I updated the app, not sure why it’s working for me. Attaching a screenshot of the app below for reference.

Here is mine. Androod version and which mobile.!!!

My version is android 10, oppo f9 pro

My Android version 10, and my phone is Mi A3, which uses stock android, which may be the reason (not sure, just guessing it)

Are using beta version?

1 Like

This update is a stable version given to everyone I think, but to answer your question, yes, I had enrolled to try out the beta version of the app

A post was merged into an existing topic: Early access users, start here

If u forgot to go home in busy schedule, don’t worry ATHER mobile App will help😍

3 Likes

Why don’t we add range in every mode for available battery% on the home screen of the app rather than just showing the last mode when the scooter was turned off.

1 Like

Is your 450x grey colour.

Mine is series1 any one else with grey colour got the colour correct in app.

Is issue only with series1 colour!!?

1 Like