Discussions on Vehicle and App OTAs

In both cases , it’s other way round for me :joy: I’m getting addresses and ride statistics which I wasn’t getting in the pre-release app

1 Like

Need a solution for this as well. Its pretty stupid to view such numbers. :sweat:
How is it possible, that it will take another hour to reach 100%, from 96%.

Add another one smart wifi Socket …

And my home in 2nd floor but I made

separate line from inside home to parking lot

bcoz to control charging operations through Mobile App

Now am always operating through Alexa voice command with scheduled switch on and switch off option …

3 Likes

Instead of this setup, you can instead opt for a timer-based programmable socket. I have posted the link below.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07BMZPZGQ/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

The only pain in this is that you have to set the timer every time you switch it on.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji pls find attached pic. Trip “B” shows it was reset 51 yrs ago. :blush:

4 Likes

That’s the default beginning of time - unix epoch (1 Jan, 1970). Reset once and it should reflect correctly.

3 Likes

Ather had big plans for OTAs for 450s. At least, they dreamt and vocal about it. All early adopters knows about it.

After Ather becoming more mainstream, any bug causes a havoc. And, to be fair, there were quite a few issues reported even in the long delayed updates. With more number of vehicles, it only makes the fix hard and impact to be high.

Off late, I hardly had any hopes about OTAs. Now, being afraid of bugs and backlash, Ather will be (is already) super defensive in rolling out any features.

Ather will regret (unlikely to accept) that the best time in the past to rollout all feasible features was 2018-2020. Most early adopters were experimental, understanding and had patience for the issues. They missed to up their software forte while focusing on scale & expansion.

I will be happy to be proven wrong though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But the good thing is that MOST of the 450 owners are the OG ‘early adopters’, having bought it before the 450X boom, so 450 OTAs can still be experimental and not see the same backlash they get when 450X OTAs go bust! :wink:

Ather, please don’t forget the 450 owners and our original limited edition scooters :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Ather’s recent plans & updates rules out any features specific for Ather 450. Anyway, most features requests are model-agnostic.

If they run a Beta programme for the features, I & many others will be signing up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve come across this aswell, after 12th July (the day of the update). I’ve not been able to see any of my rides. And the glitch of the auto turn off of indicator was resolved for 5 days and it’s back to not getting turned off.

2 Likes

Yep. Same with the auto indicator. The auto cut off has stopped working

2 Likes

The solution they seem to provide is shutdown and reboot. Didn’t seem to work sadly

I think ather should implement an auto reset of some sort (like the ones on routers, reset at 3am automatically or reset 20 minutes after plugging into charger) to keep the vehicle at optimum condition. I didn’t know that my rides weren’t syncing, when I did find out, i did a reset and they started again. This would eliminate most sync problems and other problems that require a soft reset in my opinion.

4 Likes

Indicator auto cut off not working properly…it’s better to give option to coustomer (auto cut off timings) it should chosed by coustomer 3 or 5 seconds as per requirement…

2 Likes

Yes I’m also facing with same issue. Blinkers auto cutoff not working properly

2 Likes

OMG never ever bring up such ideas… Resets we are facing are more than enough. If such feature is implemented it will stay in reset loop…!

2 Likes

I would like to see following changes in next OTA update.

1. Monthly ride statistics should be able to export to excel file from ather app or website.
  2. Similarly as we get current or past ride data we should get last charging data like time it started with x% of battery, total time it was for charging, type of charging fast/notmal, approx no.of units consumed. etc.
  3. Just like iOS even andoid’s dependability on ather app to connect / use Bluetooth functionality should be done.
  4. Hazard lights function
  5. Option for enabling / disabling incognito mode and warp mode with password for ather owner.
  6. Wonder if we can take phone calls on speaker phone mode through speaker in dashboard. That will be a great feature.
  7. Also option to reject call with SMS sent like “driving will call later” or custom SMS.

Hope ather development team can try to integrate any of above suggestions… Thanks in advance in anticipation of the same.

7 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji it would be awesome if the ride stats show the map time line or the full address of individual rides. We just get confused with our stats which show partial address.

3 Likes

Surprisingly no one is talking about “STABLE MAPs…”! :grinning::grinning:… 10.1.6 will be focused on resolving bugs with the navigation. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I love the navigation feature & I mostly drive using that screen on. A stable map with no restarts will be sooo Nice…!

2 Likes

After Ather Android update, non-subscribers unable to see their ride statistics. Now this facility only be available for Pro subscribed customers. This is really very bad. Hhad it been known earlier, we would have not update. Really sad. U are invoicing for the software too. Apart from that u are forcing to subscribe.

3 Likes