Discussions on News and Updates

This time Ather should integrate atleast 4Kw battery or higher

2 Likes
1 Like

But it will not be as technologically advanced like Ather 450

How is Ather intending to raise funds? Private Equity?

Private funding as per the article

1 Like

Could you explain what do you mean by technologically advanced? If you are referring to the IT related features then nothing new is achieved by Ather, it had over engineered in a scooter. Inturn it tremendously increased the cost. Except OTA nothing really add value to a customer. And that OTA should also come free of cost. Once the market matured and competitors come you will realise how Ather is over selling its IT features.

4 Likes

By technologically advanced, I do mean the IT related features.
I don’t know any other 2 wheeler in India which can diagnose itself and let the user know what is going to go wrong.
Also, if we compare buying 450 vs buying Activa
The ease and best experience possible is given in Ather.(They never said me to buy the vehicle, their product is good and I wanted to buy it even if I have to pay a premium)

2 Likes

Read a review where the reviewers claimed a 10kmph deviation between what the speedometer showed versus the actual speed.

I’ll take all their claims, not with a pinch of salt but a tonne of salt.

On any day EV wins over ICE. No debate on that. So no need to compare with Activa. There is no clarity on which are all parts can be diagnosed and how many sensors it would need. Anyways I hope competition will bring the best to the customers. I really don’t understand why we are more worried about IT features in a scooter than real problems such as Range, charging time, and battery life.

These IT features won’t justify extra cost once competition kicks in.

5 Likes
1 Like

Mind posting a link to it.

Sure mate

1 Like

I am head over heels for the Honda!!

A news on launch of Pune based Tork T6X E-motorcycle at Rs. 1.25 Lakhs with 100 km range and 27Nm torque.

1 Like

There is no news on this bike and no update from the company since launch of the bike in 2017. All the EV companies are going through some issues same with 22 motors flow bike.

2 Likes

I was following up and made various attempts with that team to get an update… But clearly there some problem and I think they require more time to get to finish line

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Here is some update:

1 Like