Discussions on News and Updates

It is very unfortunate for precious lives to be lost. Only way to console is that the earlier problems are noted by authorities and stringent the rules can be made in quality and testing of EVs and chargers

Not sure how the cheapest electric vehicles have been authorized to be sold like this without any regulated tests on the vehicles reliability.

2 Likes

There were many cheaper vehicles even before Ather also… like Ampere greaves, Okinawa, Hero Optima. They had their own share of problems on service, reliability, performance, but such fire accidents were hardly making news in last 10 years.

These looks to be new local brands trying to utilise the EV momentum by selling cheap imports or local assembled ones without good Quality checks and without proper testing.

3 Likes
1 Like

India EV: Government buys EVs back from users to take apart and check for local parts - The Economic Times

2 Likes

Those who closely follow the India EV space and those who are Tesla fans (the intersecting area of this Venn Diagram is very high :wink: ) will know what a big deal this is!

3 Likes

should this be a cause of concern or is it a one off incident?

1 Like

cause of concern: i’ve had someone watch this reel and do the same with my Ather. now i only leave helmets in there.

4 Likes

exactly… mine doesn’t open as much but I just hang my helmet outside with the strap in and my friend to prove the point easily removed the helmet… tried the same on his activa and it was sealed shut

1 Like

Gen 4 event is here. Most probably. No comments will be made by me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations for the new/ expanded factory!! :partying_face::100::zap:

6 Likes

Sad that the team no longer actively shares updates here like they used to… :frowning: I loved seeing the teaser of the new 2.0 on social media!

10 Likes

Will fix that. Everybody became busy with other stuff.

@abhishek.balaji

6 Likes

Completely understand you all being busy with many things! Looks like that’s an observation quite oft repeated by those who visit Ather locations… :wink:

But yeah an update or two here and there would be fantastic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For those who missed it: Ather Factory 2.0 Is Now Live! - YouTube

4 Likes

This was good to watch. There might be more who would’ve covered the factory tour but this is the one I watched. Would have loved more insights or something but nevertheless

This development will surely help EV users in Maharashtra facing issues with permission for home charging. Hopefully such policies roll out pan-India soon!

4 Likes

When Ather introduced Performance pack during launch of Ather 450X, It was a grey area.

The performance pack existed to ensure that they are eligible for the very valuable FAME 2 Subsidy

Ather can confirm if this news is true.

By the way which other EV manufacturer has performance pack? I believe Ather is not alone here.

1 Like

Simple one update

1 Like