Discussions on News and Updates

It’s an Electric superbike named mantis by Bangalore based startup

When Ather will come up with such plant? Or idea at least. Though it may not be necessary to start the dismantling the unit now, if Ather can come with some novel idea (say battery buy back programme, recycling programme, dismantling unit or yearly tree plantation etc… etc ), for sure Ather will have better market proposition indicating its maturity on going green. Looking forward to hear from Ather.

4 Likes

Give me a conversion kit to retrofit the used battery in a solar grid/UPS and i will be the most happiest person!

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dashboard

Technology to fast charge battery of EV. Zero to 200 miles in 5 min

1 Like

Kona user doing long rides (750+ kms!) is fascinating to follow!

7 Likes

I had seen his Kona… First time on road

1 Like

Apparently he has booked Ather too and awaiting delivery (not sure whether he got it already).

3 Likes

I am following… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks like distant relative of @Abhishek :smiley:

3 Likes

His brother already has one and he has booked one for himself

3 Likes

any update on this

i don’t see any news on this in internet

they had a performance review done by a few professional riders. and the bike is all bare bones in the video going around a go-kart track. No reviews by the riders yet. Full reveal at IBW 2019 (Dec 7th -9th) https://www.facebook.com/OrxaEnergies/videos/552949122106905/?t=0

Most excited about this reveal tomorrow.

2 Likes

I met a few UV employees in a fast food near their office. They seem to be excited for the launch. I introduced myself to them as an Ather Owner. But it looked like I am more excited than them for this launch. :joy: good pricing and quality can bag them a lot of orders.

3 Likes

nice

appears even these guys are using belt drive

hope it comes to market

2 Likes

Demand has been a thorn in the government’s side ever since it launched demand-side incentives under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India-I scheme (FAME-I). Under FAME-II, the government rejigged the subsidy structure and introduced import duties on core battery parts. The intention was to spur both the demand and supply of EVs. But it ended up subsidising only premium electric vehicles (like Ather’s scooters), say two industry experts The Ken spoke with.

The 3 variants and the features are super cool! I am super eager to go on a test ride! I have a feeling they will cost upwards of 2.5 L at least.

2 Likes