Discussion on Accessories

Guys, this is a follow up… the tidy tail had miserably failed. :joy:

This started when i was riding today and usually I keep a very keen ear on my number plate falling off (just in case) Today, I heard that dreaded sound (thud-thud). I looked back and saw no number plate fallen. Confused, I headed home which was hardly 100 meters away. As soon as I reached home, I checked on the tail tidy, and it was shaking. After trying to tighten the screw a little, the thread itself starting to rotate along with the screw :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. So i removed the tidy tail completely with the help of plier.

That’s the thread from the plastic -

Reasons for this -

• Weight - Tidy tail is heavy. Period. And obviously the mounts couldn’t handle the jerks of bangalore.

So sadly, the mudguard is back, but with new number plate!

Will miss this look :sob::sob::arrow_down:

2 Likes

Oh no… :man_facepalming:

But any way at least you have changed that horrible HSRP plate.

4 Likes

Never seen this accesory on 450 yet. So thought I’ll share it here. SOURCE: https://twitter.com/munjalsavla/status/1356627955364093952?s=19 I just saw this on twitter. Nothing else, it’s not mine . I hate the that someone did this to their ather but well I guess it is what it is 🤦

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pillion footrest

Use studds full face helmet this is only 700 rs. Very comfort & weightless… Long drive fulll view Uploading: IMG_20210112_201144.jpg…

1 Like

can you please share address where this body guard will be readily available? tell me cost also

Hi Atherians I need suggestions to Protect the dashboard screen from the objects falling or flying like a coconut from tree or a cricket ball. Has anyone installed anything or got any cover?

1 Like

I don’t think even Gorilla glass victus will protect your dashboard from a coconut fall :neutral_face: You’ll need bullet proof glass for that sort of protection. Ather applies a 3M UV filter plastic screen protector. Some people put a glass tempered glass too from a 7-8inch tab but nothing for the functionality you are looking at.

4 Likes

The only protection against the above mentioned projectiles is insurance.

3 Likes

For the past few weeks I’ve noticed that my throttle has gotten sticky. I’ve had a similar issue before, when the throttle felt like it wasn’t smooth that was internal. But now the issue is external. It sticks to my palms. Especially when my palms are sweaty or it’s a really hot day. With summer coming up, I really wanted to get some nice gripper for my scooter. Last time. Ather changed my throttle assembly under warranty. @abhishek.balaji I wanted to know, if the warranty gets void if I use a gripped on top of my throttle. I understand that we shouldn’t park in direct sunlight and I don’t but the heat has started making my throttle sticky. If sometime in the future it again becomes less smooth as it did a few months back. ( And the new one has already started to revert to that) would ather say that because I put a grip on top of their throttle, that caused the rubber of the throttle to melt inside. All I’m asking is can I still put a gripper and retain warranty of the throttle assembly, which in all likelihood will need another replacement.

Also can anyone recommend some good grippers for the 450??

1 Like

Throttle grips are not recommended, they can interfere with the throttle sensor. Report the issue for a service check? Would help the engineering team understand what’s happening.

3 Likes

Ya I assumed you’d say something like this. Thats why I don’t have anything on as of now

This seems like a really small issue to actually report. And when the technician does come to check it. It won’t be sticky. It happens on some hot days. But nevertheless. I’ll report it. Thanks

2 Likes

Do report as many bugs/issues you can, even if it’s just FYI. We collate such feedback internally so we can make the products better going forward.

3 Likes

I did change mine to this one

^ I got 2 different sizes 1 is 24mm and one is 22 mm, 24mm went smoothly into the right side as it was meant to be bigger is size the other one made me peal of my remaining hairs in the head as Ather used both handlebars the same size 24mm and somehow after drilling to the core of 22mm I was able to get it to install it’s a good choice, never I felt sticky or losing grip while riding

Afraid to use it, since it might void my throttle assemly warranty. And they might say they won’t replace my throttle when it gets too sticky to use. (internal stickiness :person_facepalming:)

This too?

3 Likes

The tail tidy is back in business :joy::man_shrugging:t3::sunglasses: : this time, much stronger! Thanks to htrz modz, BTM layout for this quick mod.

4 Likes

Hey guys, continuation to the thread I’m replying to, added the following accessories to complete my wishlist for the Ather 450x

13 - Acrylic number plates :

I have now installed acrylic green number plates with embossed cutouts of the numbers. Finally I’m satisfied with the look I had imagined.

Source - Sign N shine

Price - 800/-

14 - Mat :

IMO needed since my I like my orignal floor clean. Visited @gbvivek2006 at balaji automobiles and purchased one. Sits superbly and does the job! Super happy with its fit.

Source : Balaji Automobiles, b’lore

Price : 250/-

15 - Paddock stand :

Debate able, but it helps a lot where I park and gives me much better access when

• I wash the scooter
  • fill air in the back wheel
  • creates marginally more space in the area where working space is required to do other house chores.

Source - grand pitstop website

Price : 3,399/- (after a discount which they were running)

Overall a great thing if you face the same problems as I do.

Cons :

• risky, EACH time to put the scooter on the stand single handedly. I’m able to manage but heck, why would you complicate just putting the side stand daily :man_shrugging:t3:

16 - MI portable tyre inflator :

Instead of waiting at petrol stations, I found this a better alternative since I need to fill air in about 14 tyres…:sweat_smile:🥲 (2 cars…2 scooters) As @abhishek.balaji suggested, I went ahead and picked up one! Not disappointed. Fills air of my two scooters, and the i20’s without any hassle, BUT fails to fill air in my Innova’s tyres. Heats up too much, which isn’t a good sign.

Overall a good buy, handy incase of emergency/regular top ups.

Source : mi website

Price : 2499/-

17 - Protaper grips

No value, just aesthetic addition. Wanted these, got these, but I suggest stick to Ather ones, they are far superior :raised_hands:t3:

That wraps up my wishlist for this scooter. Odo reads - 645 kms (delivered on 23rd dec 2020)

Fin.

13 Likes

What was the actual mod you did to fix it back.

1 Like

To be honest, a DUMB thing which I could have figured myself, the guy at HTRZ mods just flipped the whole tail tidy, fixed it on the much stronger holes, with better screws and fixed my number plate. I shall show you incase we meetup :grin::grin:… but all in all, those of you who want to go ahead with the tail tidy, can definitely go ahead, it fits perfectly :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

I got Green ProTaper grips and couldn’t figure out how to fit them. Every garage I went to said they had to cut out the stock ones - which I obviously refused! They are now in my daughters toy box!

3 Likes